4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 10, 2012 4:34 AM by PECourtejoie

Photoshop CS5.5 type tool not working after OS X 10.7.3 update

Paul@Hands-on

Hi All

Weird one ...

The first thing I noticed was that I could not use the type tool to create 'live' text on a layer. With the type tool selected I get the following error message when clicking to begin typing:

"Could not complete your request because of a programme error."

I quit Photoshop then attempted to launch the application by opening the file. The application opened but the file wouldn't, giving the same error message.

I quite Photoshop again and relaunched the application from the Dock. The applicatiuion opens fine but displays the same error message (before I have attempted to open a file).

With a file open I checked the type palette, where the dafault typeface is shown as Myriad Pro, but the default settings are:

Type size: 1pt

Linefeed (leading): 1pt

Kerning: 1

Tracking 1

Type height: 0%

Type width: 0%

Baseline shift: 0

Colour: black

Language: multiple

Type quality: none

Some odd settings there. The type tool bar (at the top of my display) has blank fields. Typing desired values into any of these fields doesn’t resolver the issue.

I have tried restarting, creating a new file but to no avail. The type tools in Illustrator and InDesign are working as expected, so it would appear to be a Photoshop problem and I’m stumped ... any ideas?

I’m running CS5.5 (Photoshop 12.1) on a Macbook Pro 2.5Ghz Core i7 with 8Gb RAM

Thanks in advance

Paul

PS I have posted this on the Apple support forum too)