0 Replies Latest reply on Mar 10, 2012 8:02 AM by Kevin Voisine

Embed  a specific media player???

Kevin Voisine Level 1

I am organizing a collection of videos in all types of formats using dreamweaver. I made .flv versions of all the videos so I can put them in the webpage as one common size but I also have a text link to the original file.

I have found a free media player that plays all the formats I have. These include .mp4, .wmv, .mpg, .mov, and .avi. Using the browser plugins opens the player best suited for the file type being opened. I want to embed

the free media player so no matter what format is played, it opens the player and inserts the video. This collection is not going to be put online, it is simply a way of organizing the videos I have in my system. I really like

the player and can't figure out how to make it work. The main page has thumbnails of all my videos. Click on any one and a new page opens with the flash version playing. If I click on the "Original File" text link, I want it to

open the embedded media player and load the original video file into it.

I've been thinking about starting over using visual basic but html seems like it would be easier to update as my collection expands.

I have been searching for quite sometime and can't find anything. Any input on how this is done would be appreciated.

Thanks