5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 13, 2012 7:46 AM by the_wine_snob

Does Premiere Elements 8 work with Organizer 10

Miceal Zimmer

My operating system  is 64 bit Windows 7. My computer exceeds the system requirements for Premiere Elements 8 (PRE 8)and Photoshiop Elements 10 (PSE 10).

Here is the background to my question. I offer this in case some may question why I don't upgrade to both PSE 10 & PRE 10.

I originally installed the bundle purchase of Premiere Elements 8 and Photoshop Elements 8. Both have worked fine for a long time, including successfully using Premiere to edit AVCHD files taken with my Canon  HS S200. Recently I began to encounter a printing issue in Photoshop Elements 8 that was not resolved by that Forum. I have concluded that the way forward with Photoshop Elements is not to upgrade but to delete my images and PSE8. completely from my computer Then I will install PSE 10. and restore from my PSE 8 back up.  I don't propose to also install PRE 10 on the grounds that if it isn't broken don't try to fix it.

The Adobe document on uninstalling PSE 8 advises the removal of two folders. One is C:\Program Files\Adobe \Photoshop Elements 8.0 and the other is C:\Program Files\Adobe\Elements Organizer 8.0.

I have never used Organizer with PRE 8.

I assume that the installation of PSE 10 will create a folder C:\Program Files\Adobe\Elements Organizer 10.

Do the above procedures, including the installation of Organizer 10 in place of Organizer 8 have any implications for the continued successful operation of PRE 8?