2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 12, 2012 9:05 AM by MARKARKARK

multiple track points

MARKARKARK Level 1

I am trying to use the multiple track points feature to simultaneously track several track points.  I have selected a track point, then selected in the tracker windeow the "new track point" feature.  I have done this to several points.  I then have selected the track information, copied the "feature center" and pasted it in the "position' of the null object.  Ultimately I would like to link a puppet pin to the null.;  The problem I am having is the null object doesn't stay on the object I tracked, it sways to the right.  Is there a way to use the "new track point" feature and apply directly to the null object just how you would normally using a single tracker?  Or is there something I am missing in the "new track point"?  Thank you in advance for your help.

• 1. Re: multiple track points
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

You're not compensating for the layer dimensions, that's why it drifts. Tracker data is relative to the layer, not the comp and similarly the puppet effect is based on the layer it is applied to. Either change your procedures or use layer space transform expressions like toComp() to rectify the issue.

Mylenium

• 2. Re: multiple track points
            MARKARKARK Level 1

Thank you so much.  I don't know how to do this, is there a tutorial you may know of?  Or could you briefly explain how to compensate for the layer dimensions or how to use layer space transform?