This boarders on a development question but it's likely that this is running into an issue with Enhanced Security, Crossdomain Security, or Protected view. Try a couple of things:
- As a test, turn OFF Enhanced Security and run the applicaiton. Does it work? If so, then turn Enhanced Security ON and then try adding the location of the temp file to the Privileged Locations
- Turn ON the Crossdomain log and run the application. Check the Crossdomain log and see if you find errors. If you do find errors then it's likely that it considers the location not approved and you know where the problem lies.
Thanks for your hints. You pointed me to the right direction. I managed to open and edit the pdf files now, but it's not really very handy for everyday use. With the following settings, the documents are opened:
- Enhanced security is switched on (files are not opened if switched off)
- Protected view may not be set to off
- I entered the url and the \\server\share where the documents are stored to the trusted sites
So far, so good. But for every single file which is opened in Acrobat, I have to click the "activate all functions" button to be able to edit the files. This is not realistic in production because users edit more than 100 documets a day...
Do you know if there is a possibility to confirm "activate all functions" once for all documents opened from trusted sites?
Thank you for your efforts.