2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 13, 2012 4:58 AM by Pookie_butt

Problem Installing ACR 6.7rc1

Pookie_butt

I tried to install ACR 6.7 rc1 on my Win7-64 bit system, and the first error I got was the installer told me that "Adobe Application manager is needed to update your product" It is either missing or damaged,- download a ne copy of Adobe Application manager or reinstall the product.

I downloaded the Application manager, and when I ran that, it failed as I got another error message "Installer failed to initialize" Please download Adobe Support Advisor to detect the problem.

So, I downloaded Adobe Support Advisor, and ran it and it told me it could find no problems, contact Adobe support for help, and to create a support package with a unique token number (00-74372-144712032012) to open a support case with Adobe.

I called Adobe technical support, and after talking to 3 individuals, and 2 hang ups with no return calls (they asked for my home number - why??), finally got someone who told me since it's a release candidate, Adobe support cannot help me, I need to post the issue on Adobe forums so it can be factored into the feedback from the community before Adobe officially releases it.

After searching the forums, am I the only one with this install problem??

Hank

• 1. Re: Problem Installing ACR 6.7rc1
          Noel Carboni Level 7

Hank, all I can say is that it's a bit hard to read your post through the tears of laughter given the username you chose. 

For what it's worth, I didn't have any problem installing the 6.7 RC.  You might try running the installer As Administrator, but I don't have a huge amount of hope for that.

The actual plug-in .8bi files are in the package, but they don't have their final names...  If you want to get down and dirty with the files you can dig into the download zip file, and you'll find two embedded zip files called Assets2_1.zip.  Each of these is in a subfolder that will tell you whether it's the 32 or 64 bit version, and they contain the actual plug-ins (one for 64 bit, one for 32 bit).

On a 64 bit Windows system:

The file named 1002 that's 24,400 KB becomes the 64 bit plug-in:  C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\CS5\File Formats\Camera Raw.8bi

The file named 1003 that's 21,277 KB becomes the 32 bit plug-in:  C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\CS5\File Formats\Camera Raw.8bi

-Noel

• 2. Re: Problem Installing ACR 6.7rc1
            Pookie_butt Level 1

Thanks for the reply Noel - it worked like a charm, CS5 now shows the

ACR 6.7 plugin installed.

I Picked my username years ago without much thought, maybe I should revisit it.

Hank