2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 13, 2012 7:53 AM by the_wine_snob

Faulty Premier 8 HELP

Adobe Premier8

Faulty Premier 8

I purchased Premier 8 last May and use it for home projects until last week when scrubbing the timeline it was lagging badly and I could drag down transitions. A techo friend de installed and re installed however the faults remained.  He then download premier 10 trial and everything works perfectly. is there an upgrade for P8 or have i waisted my money. GD

• 1. Re: Faulty Premier 8 HELP
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

I'm not sure why you purchased a two-year-old version of the program -- but the upgrade for version 8 IS version 10. That's why it's called version 10.

That said, the performance of the program is a combination of your source video, project settings and your computer's hardware and operating system. Version 10 certainly does perform much more efficiently than version 8, but the program itself isn't the only factor to consider.

• 2. Re: Faulty Premier 8 HELP
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

To follow up a bit on Steve's comments, could you please furnish us with a bit more detail?

This ARTICLE will tell you what is very likely important info, and also how to gather some of it.

Good luck, and please let us know a bit more.

Hunt