4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 13, 2012 2:29 PM by the_wine_snob

Custom 'channel mixer' preset?

Mr CSM101 Level 1

I'm editing a lot of underwatervideo's in premiere 10. The autocolour effect gives me a lot of colour-flickering, and I have to adjust colour manually with the Channel Mixer effect.

The optimal settings is just about the same in each clip, but I have to set it up from scratch each time.

Is there a way to edit this effect so that it would start with the correct settings?

• 1. Re: Custom 'channel mixer' preset?
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

If you want to apply the same settings to all clips, right-click on an adjusted clip and select Copy, then select and right-click on the other clips and select Paste Attributes.

• 2. Re: Custom 'channel mixer' preset?
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

Steve's suggestion is a great workflow. It will allow one to make all adjustments to one Clip, and then transfer ALL of those Effects and adjustments to all other Clips, requiring those adjustments. Note: you can then go into each Clip and fine-tune the adjustments, should they require special treatment. Note: if the Clip, from which one has done the Copy, has other Effects, that will NOT be required on the remaining Clips, one must manually Delete those, after Paste Attributes. For that reason, I recommend doing the adjustment and application of any/all Effects that will be common, then doing the Copy/Paste Attributes first, and then going in and adding any additional Effects, that are Clip-specific.

The Auto Effects, such as Color/Colour, will often cause "strobing," if the lighting and exposure are not 100% constant throughout the Clip - any changes, and one will likely get some strobing, which may, or may not be noticed. I shy away from those Auto Effects, as much as I can.

Good luck,

Hunt

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Custom 'channel mixer' preset?
              Mr CSM101 Level 1

Thank you both! Gonna be much easyer from now on    = )

• 4. Re: Custom 'channel mixer' preset?
                the_wine_snob Level 9

Great!

That Copy/Paste Attributes is a major time saver, so long as one understands that ALL Effects will be Copied and then Pasted into the other Clips - wanted, or not.

Good luck,

Hunt