I suspect an unsupported or damaged file.
If you can play it in QT Player, upgrade to Pro and transcode it to another supported codec. That could undamage or make it supported.
On the Mac, I've seen some files that can't be dragged and dropped into the Project tab without getting that message, but they can be imported through the Media Browser. Have you tried that?
1 person found this helpful
First, try updating your Hyperdeck Studio to the latest beta software (2.5 BETA 3) that adds " Support for AVID DNxHD 220x recording to a Quicktime MOV file", which is compatible with Premiere Pro CS5.5.
Thanks for the tip, Where do I find Beta 3?
This link leads to Beta 2.
Well, yesterday it said Beta 3 but Beta 2, Beta 3, who cares?
Just give it a try and report back.
Still no joy. I loaded Beta 2 earlier and got the same results. Download from the latest and got the same result…my editing computer with PPro 5.5 would not accept the file. I am wondering if the problem might be in how I loaded the Avid codec to my editing computer. Is there a certain place I should open the codec exe. File? Although the install wizard from Avid did not give me a choice. Here is what I have done so far:
· Downloaded BMD 2.5 to the computer I use in the field…(HP EliteBook)
· Downloaded the avid codec to the HP Elite Book
· When I have captured the file from the BMD Hyperdeck Studio,
· I use a Thermaltake USB 3.0 BlackX Dock to transfer the files to a Lacie 2 big USB 3.0 4 TB drive running at 7200 rpm.
· When I return from the event, I transfer the files from the Lacie to the Editing PC (the Avid codec have been installed on this PC.)
· The file shows up in QT player but will not load into PPro 5.5.
Thanks in advance for future help and help so far.
You did select the Hyperdeck Studio to capture in .mov container, correct?
I don't have a Hyperdeck Studio so I can't be of further assistance but I have a friend who does.
I'll ask him to do some testing at his earliest convenience and I'll share the results with the Premiere Pro community.
Thanks for your help!
Did you find a solution to using Avid DNxHD files from Black Magic Design Hyperdeck Studio?
I need your help with this