7 Replies Latest reply on Mar 18, 2012 4:37 PM by Wolfgang Herold

Anyone know the syntax to register a cXtra?

yeskeys Level 1

I'm using the cXtraJoystick in Dir 11.5

Works great in authoring, Script Error on  publish to executable.

I don't know how to tell it that I have a serial number.

Thanks,

Eric

• 1. Re: Anyone know the syntax to register a cXtra?
          Mister MUX

Have you added the Xtra to Projector or alternatively the Xtras folder? This is typically the cause of script errors that occur in a published movie but not in Director.

Now after that you may receive a message about needing to register the Xtra.

• 2. Re: Anyone know the syntax to register a cXtra?
            Mister MUX Level 2

Also you can type this in the message window. If there is a register function within the Xtra it should provide the basic usage info needed.

put Xtra("XtraName").interface()

• 3. Re: Anyone know the syntax to register a cXtra?
              yeskeys Level 1

Yes, the I've tried both procedures.  Also, the interface call doesn't show the command to register w/ the serial.  I have no documentation but had the Xtra working in minutes.  If I could just get it to license itself.

thanks,

Eric

• 4. Re: Anyone know the syntax to register a cXtra?
                Mike Blaustein Level 4

I believe that cXtraJoystick just needs you to register your serial number a a global variable in startMovie (or anywhere before you make a call to it) like this:

global gcXtraJoystickLicense

gcXtraJoystickLicense="FFFF-FFFF-FFFF-FFFF-FFFF"

That is how you register almost all of the script xtras.  For the asset xtras, there is an xtra that they use for registration called cXtraTools.x32.  You need to have that in your Director xtras folder (for authoring... NOT the projector).  When you open Director, you should be able to click on Xtras, cXtraTools, cXtra Licenses.  Here you can register them.  It makes a file called "cXtraTools.ini" in the same place as the cXtraTools.x32 that stores the info.

1 person found this helpful
                • 5. Re: Anyone know the syntax to register a cXtra?
                  czigany Level 1

I use a couple of the cXtra xtras. When you install one, they add a submenu (cXtraTools) to the Director xtras menu. When you go there, you can enter your license number. There's also an example to register the xtra in code. Here's the one I'm seeing:

global gcXtraJoystickLicense

gcXtraJoystickLicense = "FFFF-FFFF-FFFF-FFFF-FFFF"

1 person found this helpful
                  • 6. Re: Anyone know the syntax to register a cXtra?
                    yeskeys Level 1

Thanks a lot. I ended up just going with this:

http://freextras.pagespro-orange.fr/index_en.html#JoystickXtra

It works great!  I am using it to control a flash movie imported into Director as I have no idea how to make a joystick work in Flash any other way.

Eric

• 7. Re: Anyone know the syntax to register a cXtra?
                      Wolfgang Herold Level 2

inside the xtrasfolder of your Directorinstallation the should be a folder cxtra e.g.   "C:\programs\director\configuration\xtras\cxtra".

Inside you'll find the file cxtratools.ini with entries aff all licenses for all your cxtra xtras and all your .x32 files.

if you have DMX2004 you can enter your licences with cXtraTools in the xtras menu inside Director.

If you have D11 or newer, write your license direct to the ini file as shown below and delete the cxtratools.x32 inside your xtras folder.

e.g. Entries in my "cxtratools.ini"

cXtraComboBox.x32|XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX

cXtraFlameFx.x32|XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX

cXtraTools.x32|No license needed

regards

Wolfgang