4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 21, 2012 2:00 AM by CZDIGITALMEDIA

Audio Half an Octave Lower in CS5

kbrogers

I've been working with Premiere Pro CS5 for some time now, but over the past week it's been giving me some trouble.  It seems like there's some added bass that randomly appears in my project.  It makes all the music about a half octave lower, and makes all the female voices very masculine.  Sometimes it occurs upon opening the file, and sometimes it takes up to an hour before it begins.  I haven't touched the audio effects at all, so I'm not quite sure why this is happening.  At first I thought it was just my speakers, but I tested that theory using GarageBand and other videos, and they sounded fine.  Does anyone know why my audio tracks are giving me these problems?  Thanks.

• 1. Re: Audio Half an Octave Lower in CS5
          kbrogers Level 1

Update: I exported the video as an *.mpeg, and everything worked fine.  However, playback within Premiere Pro is still giving me problems, and I can't find a setting that would fix it.  It's not that big of a deal now that I know it won't affect the final video, but it's still really annoying and it would be helpful during editing if I could get it to work.

• 2. Re: Audio Half an Octave Lower in CS5
            Stephen_Spider Level 3

That's a new one for me... haven't heard a glitch like that before.

Post system specs, premeire version, Video source format,and sequence format.... that might help give anyone a clue as to what's happening.

• 3. Re: Audio Half an Octave Lower in CS5
              TradeWind Level 3

Open your Audio Mixer panel and be sure you don't have a track effect applied (at the top, toggle down is right above the pan knob, right below the Read/Write/Touch selector).

Never heard of this problem before either, but the Audio Mixer adjustments are sometimes "hidden" from view more often than not so it's easy to forget about them or forget to check there when audio problems arise like this.

Let me know if that works.

• 4. Re: Audio Half an Octave Lower in CS5
                CZDIGITALMEDIA

I am having Audio troubles in just about every project I create with Adobe Premiere Pro CS5 5.0.3.

I have narrowed a few things down but can't figure out the solution. Last year I bought me a SONY NX5U and have shot several events with it since. The problem is that until now I did not realize that my audio was not working properly...

I have several clips that I recorded with natural audio from the camera and while still recording, switched to my Sennhieser wireless lav mics. This occurs nearly every time I film a wedding. I switch to my mics for the vows ect.

Now that I am in post I noticed that Adobe Premiere is not playing the audio from the mics back properly (its muffled). However when I import the clip into Sony Vegas 10 it plays back just fine. I can even play it back in Windows Media Player just fine as well. (So it is not the Sennheiser Wireless Lav Mics)

I had a problem earlier on with recording PCM and editing with CS4 (so I upgraded to CS5). Ever since then I have recorded audio as Dolby Digital instead just to be safe.

Ok the red flag for me was my stereo receiver connected to my computer. Its not the newest thing in the world but it recognizes both Dolby Digital and PCM audio formats.

Sony Vegas sends my stereo a Dolby Digital Signal

Windows Media Player sends my stereo a Dolby Digital Signal.

***Both are playing my clips audios flawlessly***

Adobe Premiere Pro is sending my stereo a PCM signal.

***This is my problem child***

Please help me figure this out! I am out of ideas on what to do. I want to edit my projects in Adobe but I may have to switch to Vegas just to get these projects out.