2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 14, 2012 1:32 PM by Nancy OShea

New user; hopefully basic question!

adunham13

Hey everyone, I'm a student just getting my feet wet in Dreamweaver and I have what I hope will be an easy question to answer.

I'm creating a website for a class and I want to use rollover images to go from a kind of a splash page to each individual page. My idea is for the first image to be black (like the background) so when you mouse over the appropriate area, the rollover image shows which page you'll go to if you click there.

My problem: I can't seem to figure out how to make the rollover images something more interesting than whichever size I make my images in Photoshop. By this I mean that if I create a 200x200px black image in photoshop, and pick a 200x200px image as the rollover image, that works exactly as I'd expect in Dreamweaver. A big square box. If I make an elliptical shape in Photoshop and try to use it in Dreamweaver, I STILL get a box of some sort (with unknown proportions) around my elliptical shape (even when looking at it through my brower.)

Is there something I'm doing fundamentally wrong in Photoshop/Dreamweaver, or is there a feature in Dreamweaver that might cause this?

Sorry for the long post, looking forward to any answers!