3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 19, 2012 9:47 AM by al_bergstein

Metadata Logging - Copy field info to next clip?

al_bergstein Level 1

So I am ramping up with metadata logging for my clips, have a bunch of MXF clips ready to log, and have the Metalogging workspace open. I have the window on the right with the Clip info fields and want to copy and paste a lot of similar information from clip to clip. I.E. Tape Name, Scene, Client. How do I do that? I expect to find some kind of icon or keystroke to "copy the last clip field" info into this, as I am simply moving from clip to clip working down the media browser. I cannot seem to find any way to do this, including cutting and pasting, since it's multiple fields. What gives? Do I need another third party tool to do that?

Here's a sample of what I mean.

metadatalogging 2.JPG

I want to copy the contents of the previous clips field entries into these fields .Should be a keyboard keystroke.

Thanks in advance...

• 1. Re: Metadata Logging - Copy field info to next clip?
          al_bergstein Level 1

I assume that since this has not elicited one response, that the answer is that you can't do it, that Bridge won't help do it, and that there is no likelihood of it ever happening in the near future (like the next version of CS). So I have asked for it as a future enhancement, and will likely look at third party products to do this. It also gives me a reason to go back and look at AVID (I'm a relatively new PR convert from FCP), and see what their media management tools are like, as hand entering all this data is just not a viable alternative for a working professional with terrabytes of video files. Or maybe I just don't understand the reasons that the Adobe PM's felt that this was a viable implementation. Can I really be the only person out there that has found this to be a major shortcoming?

• 2. Re: Metadata Logging - Copy field info to next clip?
            Jim_Simon Level 8

For the projects I work on, I just don't need the metadata features very much.  And when I occasionally do, I use OnLocation for the purpose, setting the fields at the time of the shoot.

• 3. Re: Metadata Logging - Copy field info to next clip?
              al_bergstein Level 1

Thanks Jim. OnLocation would not help me as I cannot take the time to setup a computer on my locations (many of them are remote run and gun). It has to be done when I come back to the computer and am filing all of them. Sometimes that happens weeks later.