4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 16, 2012 7:31 AM by [Jongware]

Changing text size

mandyl1997

After creating outlines and releasing the path in text is there a way to make all the letters the same height at one even if they aren't all the same height to begin with?

• 1. Re: Changing text size
          Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

No.

But perhaps if you explain what you are doing, and why you are creating outlines, we can offer an alternative.

• 2. Re: Changing text size
            mandyl1997 Level 1

I create typography prints where each line of text lies flush on top of the other one and each letter needs to be the same size.  I fill in each letter with a different color which is why I do the outlines. Any ideas on a way to make each letter the same height without doing it one at a time?

• 3. Re: Changing text size
              Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

Best bet would probably be to ask in Scripting: InDesign Scripting

• 4. Re: Changing text size
                [Jongware] Most Valuable Participant

An interesting concept (if I implemented it correctly) --

letters.PNG

-- but doing this manually didn't suggest anything useful to script. I.e., you must start with creating outlines; then break apart the entire thing, and then manually reassemble your o's, g's, a's, and e's (i.e., all holes get disconnected and you have to Pathfind them back together one at a time). With all that done, it's just a matter of putting guidelines above and below and shift+scale each separate character.

(I also scaled my o, a and e to move their slightly outward bulging curves "onto" the same lines. Seeing what this looks like now, I actually understand better why they usually pop out above and below the regular x-height ...)

Are you attempting an effect such as unicase?