5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 25, 2012 2:14 PM by Peter Spier

PDF Export Problems

Rindler

bei using interactive functions in inDesign CS5 and then exporting to pdf, I am able to see exactly everithing I wanted in AcrobatPro, but not in Adobe Reader. What can I do, so that anybody who uses Reader can see it too? Anybody knows?? Thanks

• 1. Re: PDF Export Problems
          Dave Stromfeld Adobe Employee

Hi, Rindler.

Since this has to do with exporting PDFs from InDesign, I'm moving this conversation to the InDesign forum.

It would probably be helpful if you listed what PDF content you are able to see in Acrobat Pro yet not see in Adobe Reader, after exporting from InDesign.

Dave

• 2. Re: PDF Export Problems
            Jeffrey_Smith Most Valuable Participant

What is it that you can not see in Reader: button behavior, rollover effect, hyperlink, etc. ?

Also, are the versions of Reader and Acrobat the same?

• 3. Re: PDF Export Problems
              Rindler Level 1

Re: PDF Export Problems

created by Jeffrey_Smith <http://forums.adobe.com/people/Jeffrey_Smith>  in

InDesign - View the full discussion

<http://forums.adobe.com/message/4271659#4271659>

What is it that you can not see in Reader: button behavior, rollover effect,

hyperlink, etc. ?

Wow, I am impressed about the fast reaction:-)

The interactive function I am using (unfortunately in German inDesign) is

"button" > Action: by letting go (?). It's a file with some 100 pages and

some 500 links. Exported as pdf interactive...

The effect In AcrobatPro: when clicking on the thumbnail the original

picture shows in a separate window without closing the original file. After

closing the new window, I could continue in the multipage file...

This is not happening in Adobe Reader. It says: the link was not found, and

here and then, when shown in e new window, the multipage file is closed...

Hope this helps..

Thanks Jaro

PS

I did reply on the forum directly, but no success. There trying via mail.

Hope it works:-)

• 4. Re: PDF Export Problems
                Rindler Level 1

Re: PDF Export Problems

created by Dave Stromfeld <http://forums.adobe.com/people/Dave+Stromfeld>  in

Adobe CreatePDF - View the full discussion

<http://forums.adobe.com/message/4271622#4271622>

Hi, Rindler.Since this has to do with exporting PDFs from InDesign, I'm moving

this conversation to the InDesign forum.It would probably be helpful if you

listed what PDF content you are able to see in Acrobat Pro yet not see in

Adobe Reader, after exporting from InDesign.Dave

Hallo Dave,

Unfortunately not much reaction comes in this conference.

How can I enter the German one?

Best

Jaro

• 5. Re: PDF Export Problems
                  Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

Jaro,

One problem with moved discussions is that many of our regulars don't notice them. I'll suggest you post a new topic in the InDesign general discussions forum (wherr this is now). Please be sure you indicate your OS and verison of InDesign. Also explain, as clearly as you can, waht it is that you want to happen, what you are doing now, and what is actually happening when you do it.

My sense is that you want a thumbnail to act as a button to open a new window with a full size image, but I don't do that sort of work so I can't help you with any suggestion for how to make it work.It would not surprise me, though,if you need to make some edits to the PDF in Acrobat Pro after export.