6 Replies Latest reply on Mar 26, 2012 8:48 AM by the_wine_snob

Please help!!

no-nig

I open Adobe Premire Elements 10 and this message appears "A reduced set of content (Instant Movie Themes, Titles and Menu Templates, etc) has been instaled. You can install the full content by inseting your Content DVD or downloading it. Do you want to install now?" I have followed all the promts on screen and do a download yet the message appears every time I open my program, what am I missing?

• 1. Re: Please help!!
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

That seems to indicate a permissions/ user privileges issue so the secondfary downloads nad install never finish. Make sure to run with admin privileges at least that one time and let it do its thing properly...

Mylenium

• 2. Re: Please help!!
            Jeff A Wright Adobe Employee

Moving this discussion to the Premiere Elements forum.  The users in this forum should be able to assist with your difficulties obtaining the additional content.  No-nig you may also want to post if you have the DVDs or you are using a downloaded copy of the install files.

• 3. Re: Please help!!
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

Are you installing from physical media, or from a download?

If from a download, did you also download the Functional Content file, for your OS, i.e. PC or Mac?

If from physical media, did you install the Functional Content from the correct disc, i.e. PC or Mac?

What OS do you have?

Good luck, and please let us know a bit more.

Hunt

• 4. Re: Please help!!
                no-nig Level 1

Thanks for the reply!

I am installing from a physical media, as far as intalling the Functional Content from the correct disc I would think so, it only came with one disc. I am using a HP touchsmart that runs Windows.

If you need anymore information just let me know.

• 5. Re: Please help!!
                  Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

The Premiere Elements installation pack includes 5 discs: 3 installation discs and 2 content discs.

If you didn't get 5 discs in your pack, you did not get a complete copy of the program.

• 6. Re: Please help!!
                    the_wine_snob Level 9

Only one disc? I would immediately contact Adobe, and report missing media. They should get replacements to you quickly. Just give them your invoice number and S/N, and it should only take a few days, to get what you need.

Good luck,

Hunt