7 Replies Latest reply on Mar 18, 2012 7:43 AM by JJMack

Netbook screen to small? What should I do?

greenslushiez

I make .GIFS using Photoshop CS5, and when I hit save for internet and devices, the screen is too small for me to actually go down and hit save to my computer! How can I fix this to wear I can save without getting a complete new computer? I can see down to the words image size and it cuts off. HELP!

• 2. Re: Netbook screen to small? What should I do?
          markerline Level 4

What happens when you try to change the resolution settings in the Control Panel (in Display options) and also make sure you Maximize Photoshop using the Maximize button at the top right corner next to the X for close?

• 3. Re: Netbook screen to small? What should I do?
            greenslushiez Level 1

I'm at the highest resolution, I turned my screen to portrait mode and I was able to work it but I don't want to have to do that every time I use Photoshop, considering the trackpad is weird.

• 4. Re: Netbook screen to small? What should I do?
              Jeff Arola Adobe Community Professional

I guess your using windows?

What is your screen resolution, just so we know.

Does autohiding the taskbar make any difference?

• 6. Re: Netbook screen to small? What should I do?
                JJMack Most Valuable Participant

Your netbook screen vertical pixels most likely does not meet Photoshop minimum 768 pixel size requirement. Note also that Adobe recommends a display with 1280 x 800 pixels with a qualified hardware-accelerated OpenGL graphics card, 16-bit color, and 256MB of VRAM

System requirements

Windows

Intel® Pentium® 4 or AMD Athlon® 64 processor

Microsoft® Windows® XP with Service Pack 3; Windows Vista® Home Premium, Business, Ultimate, or Enterprise with Service Pack 1 (Service Pack 2 recommended); or Windows 7

1GB of RAM

1GB of available hard-disk space for installation; additional free space required during installation (cannot install on removable flash storage devices)

1024x768 display (1280x800 recommended) with qualified hardware-accelerated OpenGL graphics card, 16-bit color, and 256MB of VRAM

Some GPU-accelerated features require graphics support for Shader Model 3.0 and OpenGL 2.0

DVD-ROM drive

QuickTime 7.6.2 software required for multimedia features

Broadband Internet connection required for online services and to validate Subscription Edition (if applicable) on an ongoing basis*

Mac OS

Multicore Intel processor

Mac OS X v10.5.8 or v10.6

1GB of RAM

2GB of available hard-disk space for installation; additional free space required during installation (cannot install on a volume that uses a case-sensitive file system or on removable flash storage devices)

1024x768 display (1280x800 recommended) with qualified hardware-accelerated OpenGL graphics card, 16-bit color, and 256MB of VRAM

Some GPU-accelerated features require graphics support for Shader Model 3.0 and OpenGL 2.0

DVD-ROM drive

QuickTime 7.6.2 software required for multimedia features

Broadband Internet connection required for online services and to validate Subscription Edition (if applicable) on an ongoing basis*

• 7. Re: Netbook screen to small? What should I do?
                  JJMack Most Valuable Participant

Just remember you not actually increasing the number of pixels your scaling a larger display area on to your displays pixels often this scaling involves different aspect ratios which distorts images and text. Distorted soft images is not something I would want to live with.  Photoshop on a netbook even with a screen the meets Photoshop requirements is not a good idea for the process used in most netbooks are not well suited for Photoshop.  Some of the new ultrabooks have i5 and i7 processors and 720P displays 1366x768 would be a better choice.