• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player stuttering

New Here ,
Mar 16, 2012 Mar 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since most recent Windows update, anything associated with Flash Player has been unusable; video playback consists of about 1-2 seconds of video followed by 10-15 seconds of lag. This is true of both websites that use flash player (such as Youtube) as well as media players that attempt to play .swf files.

I have:

Uninstalled/Reinstalled Flash

Cleared cache for Flash Player and Macromedia

Deleted Browsing Data and Settings

Made sure all devices (GPU/Sound Card/OS) are up to date

*Nothing* from any troubleshooting recommendation has worked.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 17, 2012 Mar 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your operating system, version & edition?

What browser do you use?

What is your display adapter, driver version & date?

What is your Flash Player version?

If you are on Windows, have you tried a clean install?

Have you tried to disable Hardware Acceleration?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Have you tried to disable Hardware Acceleration?"

Of course; that's the first thing any trouble shooter asks for. Not that it's easy, as the lag doesn't just affect playback, but the entire interface.

"What is your operating system, version & edition?"

Windows 7 Home Premium Version 6.1 Build 7601 Sevice Pack 1

"What browser do you use?"

This issue exists on both Internet Explorer 9 and Mozilla Firefox. These are the only browsers I use, and are both updated.

Also, as I stated, this issue is occuring with playback of .swf files on my computer, which would have nothing to do with the browser as they're running through RealPlayer.

"What is your display adapter, driver version & date?"

GeForce GTX 580 (2-way SLI) version 296.10 released March 12th 2012 (most recent version)

"What is your Flash Player version?"

Version 11.1.102.63, the only one available from the downloads section (without trying to install an older version).

"If you are on Windows, have you tried a "clean install?"

Yep.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nyccine wrote:

Also, as I stated, this issue is occuring with playback of .swf files on my computer, which would have nothing to do with the browser as they're running through RealPlayer.

So, if I understand you correctly, this has nothing to do with Flash Player - RealPlayer does not use Flash to my knowledge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"So, if I understand you correctly..."

You don't; and you're completely incorrect. Real Player uses Flash as its display; I have no idea why you would think it wouldn't. Do you have Real Player? If you do, pull up an .swf file, play it, and right click - it's the Flash Player Control Panel!

Also, I specifically stated I can't watch Youtube videos - see my very first post: "This is true of both websites that use flash player (such as Youtube) as well as media players that attempt to play .swf files." - so I have no idea why you would come to the conclusion that this has nothing to do with Flash Player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are right: RealPlayer does use Flash Player to play swf files.  However, I am unable to play any of my swf files using RealPlayer (they just sit there and do nothing), but they open fine in the standalone Flash Player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had my Performance tab open with Flash Player, and holy crap what is wrong with Flash? I'm running on an i7-950 with 12GB of RAM and Flash Player is grinding it to a halt.

There's something seriously wrong with this build of Flash Player...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"What is your integrated display adapter, driver version & date?"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"What is your integrated display adapter, driver version & date?"

What? I already advised what my display adapter was: GeForce GTX 580 (2-way SLI) version 296.10, which was released March 12th 2012.

There is no "integrated" display adapter for the i7 950, if you're asking if there is a display adapter on the chip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried going to Internet options, Advanced tab and checking Use software rendering instead of GPU rendering in I.E. 9?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Have you tried going to Internet options, Advanced tab and checking Use software rendering instead of GPU rendering in I.E. 9?"

Yes. Does not effect playback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines