3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 19, 2012 9:16 AM by jvmonteiro

Invisible layer

jvmonteiro Level 1

Dear Friends,

I've lost the visibility of one of my layers in this little project of mine: I've checked all the probable causes (to my knowledge), such as opacity, layer mode, not to mention, of course visibilty; the layer is there and I can see its bounding box moving along as I scrub the playhead but the graphic element is just not visible! Do you have any obvious clues to this? I can't seem to find an option to attach the AE project here but I'll be happy to send it over by e-mail, if I may.

Thanks a lot

JV

• 1. Re: Invisible layer
          Andrew Yoole MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Invitation to email project sent.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Invisible layer
            TimeRemapper Level 4

Is it possible that you've trimmed or moved the layer's boundaries out of scope? For example, if your composition is 30 seconds long, but your layer only lasts 3 seconds, and your CTI (current time indicator) is > 3 seconds, then that may be a reason why you can't see your content. Aside from that, I agree with Andrew. If you can post your file for examination, it would help.

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Invisible layer
              jvmonteiro Level 1

That is a good point indeed, one that I wouldn't have figured out by myself but I think that in this case the cause for this situation was my editing of the original AI files (that were part of the project) outside of AE. Other strange things started happening (such as keyframes out of time) and eventually I gave up trying to fix it and started over from scratch.

Thanks a lot for the clue anyways, the trimming of layers remains a tricky business for me and from now on I'll watch out for this possibility that you have mentioned.

Cheers

JV