6 Replies Latest reply on Mar 18, 2012 3:32 PM by Steve Werner

Forum use

frogkick

Is there any difference between Adobe support forums (for Indesign and Illustrator) and CS Live forums?

• 1. Re: Forum use
          Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

In what sense? The CS Live forums are another branch of the Adobe User to User forums, just like this is a branch (subbranch, really) and there are branches for Illy, Photoshop, Acrobat, and so forth.

• 2. Re: Forum use

And keep in mind that NONE of the forums are technically "support" forums. We do our best, but for the most part everyone here is just an ordinary user volunteering their time. You are not communicating with Adobe tech support (and around here we consider that a matter of some pride -- we're much better at solving InDesign problems than tech support is).

• 3. Re: Forum use
              frogkick Level 1

Thanks for your reply.

Since you and I are talking to each other on both forums I've answered my own question:)

• 4. Re: Forum use

Actually, as far as I can tell, you've never posted on the CS Live forum... This is still the InDesign Discussions subforum.

• 5. Re: Forum use
                  frogkick Level 1

Oh, you're right. When I went to post a question it asked me for a location and sent me right back here. It doesn't matter, I was just desperate for help and thought maybe the CS live had a different audience.

• 6. Re: Forum use
                    Steve Werner Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I'm biased of course, but I think you'll get faster and more accurate information here than anywhere else on the Internet. That said, you could also ask questions on the forums at InDesignSecrets.com.

1 person found this helpful