1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 19, 2012 7:47 AM by PierreSolutions

Where to start? Building a form based application.

frodoh

Hello Everyone,

I'm new to AIR development and am wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction as to where I could possibly get started.

My company previously had a program for one of our products that clients would install and basically login, fill out a form (end of life planning) and have the option to save, save as pdf as well as print with the option to come back and edit that form at a later time, or create a new one.

We've recently ran into issues with this software on 64-bit machines, so I have been tasked with finding an alternative. I have over 10 years of web development related experience and have heard about adobe air and would like to know, with some proper learning is it possible to create an almost web page based adobe air application? With forms they would fill out? Obviously saving, editing, etc.. is probably going to take some work.

But is this possible? How would you rate the difficulty and do you have any recommedations as to where I can get started?

Thanks for any and all responses.