0 Replies Latest reply on Mar 18, 2012 9:55 PM by explosure56

supportsTouchEvents is returning false

explosure56

Hello,

I’m trying to setup an environment to start programming for touch screens.

To simplify things I'm trying the following code:

import flash.ui.Multitouch;
      import flash.ui.MultitouchInputMode;
      import flash.events.TouchEvent;

DisplayTxt.text = Multitouch.supportsTouchEvents.toString(); // dynamic text on stage

I get false as the Output when I test using (Ctrl+Enter)

However when I open the exported swf using the FlashPlayer.exe (C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Flash CS5.5\Players) it reads true so I know something is not right somewhere.

I have spent over half the day looking through forums of all sorts and it seems this is an old issue from CS4 and FP10.

However I am using Flash CS5.5 with the Player set to "Flash Player 10.2" I have verified everything is up to date as far as flash/swc is concerned.

This is a new installation of Windows 7 Pro x64 as of 02/2012 so everything is new with no traces of earlier versions of flash player or anything.

The monitor being used is a new PXL 2430MW (Planar 24" multi-touch) touch is working properly as I can use touch to draw on the stage in flash as well as multi-touch by using multiple fingers in Microsoft paint.

I need to be able to use (Ctrl+Enter) to test for many reasons, mainly because I'm not going through the hassle of exporting -> opening it in another window -> seeing how things work. Not to mention not having access to the output from trace().