1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 19, 2012 11:22 AM by sinious

Slightly distorted aspect-ratio (and missing alpha channel) when copy/paste from Photoshop

Ninarama Level 1

Maybe this is an old topic (but I didn't find anything on google or this forum):

• When I copy images from Photoshop to Flash, the aspect ratio of the bitmap gets distorted. A 728x90 Bitmap becomes 727.6x90 (and so on...). The dpi is set on exactly 72 on both programs. Is there any way to JUST get a 1:1 pixel copy? (except using another program like Irfanview as a "man-in-the-middle")
      • Although I selected "32 bit color w/alpha" in the clipboard settings of Flash, the alpha channel seems to get discarded when copying from Photoshop. Shouldn't it at least work with Photoshop? I mean, it's an Adobe product after all and maybe the most commonly used together with Flash.

Would just be nice if a copy-paste between PS and FL was an easier thing.

I know there can also be a pixel-aspect somewhere (like used for video productions and wide-screen), but I didn't find settings for that anywhere.

I still use Flash Professional CS5.0

• 1. Re: Slightly distorted aspect-ratio (and missing alpha channel) when copy/paste from Photoshop
          sinious Most Valuable Participant

I'm on windows7 with CS5.5 and transparency and size are copied over just fine. You answered what would be my first question, 72dpi. How about the image mode. Are you using RGB 8bit?

I've had lots of issues with the OS not handling transparency very well also, such right-click on an image on a website that you know is a PNG and has transparency, then paste it into photoshop, the transparency isn't saved.

The route that always works (but is a PITA) is of course to save it as a PNG with transparency and just import it.