• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robohelp 8 - Reimported CPD, now all links broken & I can't restore them!

Mar 19, 2012 Mar 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Background: I had that shaky/switchy issue when I opened my Robohelp one day, so I renamed the CPD as old and reopened the project to generate a new CPD file. I've done this before without problems, but this time -- every single link shows up as a broken link. There is absolutely nothing in my Project Files. Grudgingly, I tried to just right-click on every single file and click Restore -- but it won't let me do that.

When I go to Tools > Resolve Broken Links, it shows me this msysterious "a/p check files" topic under References to Selected Topic. I don't even have any topic named this. Regardless, it shows as with a key icon (I'm assuming meaning locked) and won't let me click Restore. If I try to restore any of the individual files on the lefthand side, it gives me the error message below saying these topics are outside the project folder.

Any ideas what could be going wrong? I saved these files in the same place I always do, so they should be in the project folder. I can't think of anything I would have changed, besides getting rid of the old CPD file. I've been googling this issue and not finding anything.

Also: I have tried installing updates (I have the 8.02 update, for example), re-importing the CPD file numerous times, tried to open from different file types (the HHP file is hopelessly old, so I can't use that or I'd lose the last several weeks of work. At least right now, I can see all my topics in the list -- albeit as broken links I can't restore)

robohelp error.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

It is my understanding that the key icon represents that a "keyword" is referencing the topic from the Index. So try checking your project Index.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you apply the patch before opening the project or because you found the damage and then looked for patches. If the latter, fixing the broken links is explained in Opening Projects on my site.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp