2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 22, 2012 11:42 AM by gw70115

Can I Trick Presenter to allow me to Insert Video By Using Coding ?

gw70115

I am currently evaluating Abobe Presenter 7.0.7.   It has the tools to allow me to make by presentations, but the major limitation for me is the fact that I must manually insert video by using the "Adobe Presenter" toolbar.   I need a means of automating the process of insert the video into the power point slides without doing it by hand using the "Adobe Presenter" toolbar.   I am currently using flv files.  Can anyone help ??

This is what I have noticed so far:

1)     Inorder to publish the presentation, there is a folder created with the same name as your power point presentation.  Within that folder is a folder called "Assets".   Inside this folder you will file various flv files names like "v20110123_031_272_1_24357".   The original flv filename is "v20110123_031.flv".    I believe this is where the video file is placed when I use the "Adobe Presenter" insert video tool.

2)     I also noticed that the power point slide has an object called "Shockwave Flash Object", and when I select this and display the "Properties" window, I see the following that seems important:  a)  Embed Movie = True, b)  Loop = False, and c)  MovieData = file path of video

3)     I used the "more controls" toolbar that is part of power point and selected "Shockwave Flash Object" and scaled in a box on one of my slides.   I changed all of the properties to what I indicated in #2 above.  The "MovieData" file path was change to the correct path I the "Adobe Presenter" insert video did, but I change the flv file name and duration to the correct side.   I made a test case and insert the video in another presentation and copied it, but I made sure the pathname is correct for my test.

3)     I am able to publish without any errors, the the inserted flv does play.   I assure its not working correctly.

Does anyone know what I can try to get something like this to work (without using the "Adobe Presenter" invert video) because I am abvle to write MS VBA Code to generate everything else.

All my power point slides are generated by using MS VBA code completely because I have many of these to do each week for over 18 weeks.

I would appreciate any help or suggestions of other tools that I can use. 

I believe Captivate also has this issue where I have to do this manually.

Thank You,

G

• 1. Re: Can I Trick Presenter to allow me to Insert Video By Using Coding ?
          mkalyanp Level 2

HI

MS VBA can be used only for PowerPoint features and not for presenter

But, Taking a guess, I think it will be possible to automate presenter workflows, like insertion of videos, by using the AutoIt tool.

Thanks

Mahesh

• 2. Re: Can I Trick Presenter to allow me to Insert Video By Using Coding ?
            gw70115 Level 1

I don't really know too much about AutoIt Tool.   This is what I tried:

1)     I used MS Access VBA Code to open my power point slides and use the SendKeys to open various menu in the power point slides.   I do see the menu called "Adobe Presenter".

So I tried using the SendKeys "%{P}", True    which sends out the command Alt+P which is suppose to open the "Adobe Presenter" drop down menu.   It didn't do that but open the "View" Menu and select the "Header and Footer" menu.

So I tried using the SendKeys "%{I}", True   which sends out the command Alt+I which is suppose to open the "Insert" menu drop down and it works.   For some reason it didn't work for the "Adobe Presenter" menu.

2)     When I just open power point and type Alt+P, it does open the "Adobe Presenter" drop down menu.  

Any idea ??     Do you think the AutoIt may work better for me ???

Thank You,

G