3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 19, 2012 6:48 PM by the_wine_snob

problems burning to Blu-Ray from PE10

humdaheebdan

PE10 is very slow when encoding media while burning my "movie" to a Blu-ray disc, after 5 hours only 25% encoded, then computer shuts down, BTW I did render the movie before attempting burn

Can anyone help?

• 1. Re: problems burning to Blu-Ray from PE10
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

For the computer shutting down, see this ARTICLE. That is a very serious issue, and must be addressed, before you do much else.

As for the speed of Transcoding, that will depend on basically two things:

1. The speed of your computer. Can you list the full specs., including the I/O, i.e. the HDD's, their speed, size, controller type, and how they are allocated.
          2. The Duration of your Timeline. How long is your Timeline?

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: problems burning to Blu-Ray from PE10
            humdaheebdan Level 1

thanks for the resources you've provided... I've got an Intel I5-2500 with 3.3GHz, Hitachi 500GB hard drive (370GB currently free) 7200rpm sata, 4GB DDR3 DIMM 1333 MHz, Geforce GTX 460 1GB video card, 500w power supply..... need to know anything else about the system?  It has 3 fans inside the tower so I don't think heat is the prob.  The timeline of this movie is just under 74 minutes.

Thanks for trying to help....

• 3. Re: problems burning to Blu-Ray from PE10
              the_wine_snob Level 9

In the troublshooting area of that article, there is a RAM testing utility, plus also a temp utility.

The most common causes of a computer shut down are:

1. Heat
              2. Bad RAM
              3. Bad PSU
              4. Bad MoBo

Good luck, and let us know how those utilities work for you. Also, see the Finding Clues link, as Event Viewer can often offer many clues.

Hunt