1 2 3 Previous Next 101 Replies Latest reply: Dec 7, 2012 6:33 PM by sebpatu2000 Go to original post RSS
      • 50. Re: LCCS Alternatives
        randell_browning

@ Jeff Stanier

It has been over month, any news on the LCCS service shutdown and viable alternatives? My company is in the same situation as everyone else that built a product around LCCS, it is no small task to re-write these parts for any new LCCS solution. Our company just found out recently of the news so we have had a late start on trying to switch to an alternate solution. We need a viable solution for us and have little or no impact on our customer base, what is Adobe doing to help in this matter? I can tell you for a fact if a viable solution is not found, this will have a huge impact on public relations of adobe. No company will want to ever do any business with a company that abandons its customers like the way Adobe has abandoned us. If it does not get resolved reasonably and to our satisfaction I can assure you Adobe will be in court for the next 3 years and I will never again base any software product on their technology or tools ever again! Adobe actions in this matter is unprecedented and shameful!

• 51. Re: LCCS Alternatives
          OttADEPPM techies

Hi Randell,

You beat me to it.  I was going to post an update today since I had a couple of inquiries about the status of things.   I don't have much to report at this point other than discussions are ongoing and taking longer than I expected.  I still think however that we'll be able to come to an agreement with a hosting partner to take over the service.   I will provide more info as soon as I can but it would be premature to do so at this point,

Thanks for you continued patience.

Jeff

• 52. Re: LCCS Alternatives
            BARRYC16 Community Member

Thanks for the update Jeff,

Your efforts to make this happen are VERY MUCH appreciated.

- Barry

• 53. Re: LCCS Alternatives
              randell_browning Community Member

Jeff,

thank you for the response. I hope Adobe will be more tranparent in this matter. Time is very important and there is going to be a point of no return on this issue. You have people either waiting on Adobe to provide an alternative host before the December deadline or you have others trying to re-write parts of their product. So Adobe needs to be very open in this process and let us know a timeline when an alternative hosting provide can be available for us to access or if not at all.

The reason why:

1. So people can not waiste development time re-writing code and focus on only the changes needed for using the alternate hosting provider and still work on enhancements to their product.

2. if a hosting provider will not be in time of the deadline, adobe should extend the deadline.

3. if hosting is out of the question then the people waiting for adobe to provide an alternative hosting solution can then begin re-writing parts with an alternative to LCCS

• 54. Re: LCCS Alternatives
                OttADEPPM techies

Randell,

I'll be as transparent as I can.   However, this involves a negotiation and legal contract so I can't disclose details until both parties are ready.

Jeff

• 55. Re: LCCS Alternatives
                  adam+k Community Member

agreed, thank you very much jeff, the transparency is greatly appreciated.

• 56. Re: LCCS Alternatives
                    mattcom Community Member

Just had a co-worker point out this possible OpenSource alternative that claims it can handle streaming video, both RTMP and RTMPS http://www.fluorinefx.com/

I haven't had the opportunity to explore it yet.  Has anyone had any experience with it?

• 57. Re: LCCS Alternatives
                      sebpatu2000 Community Member

http://www.fluorinefx.com/ sounds very promising.

Anyone tried it?

It would be great to also share the hosting solutions too.

For example if i need to use BlazeDS and Red5 in place of LCCS, how should i host the services easely? As one of the main interests of LCCS was the "no server side worries".

• 58. Re: LCCS Alternatives
                        showphone@comcast.net

Hi Community Members,

Even after I heard of discontinuation plans for lccs I kept my nose to the grindstone and completed my lccs app.  Good thing I did, that thing works great, no latency, no echo and of course screen sharing is a great feature.  So, it's good to hear that a successor to continue lccs may be possible;  I've used Influxis and if it was to be those guys, they are great.

To the point; I've spent the last 3 weeks getting VideoIO,

http://myprojectguide.org/p/flash-videoio/index.html to work and after teaching myself how to do the PythonPath and downloading Cygwin to open Python scripts on a windows machine, that program looks like it's going to work great too.  Developing from where VideoIO leaves you I think will allow you to make great communication apps.  The VideoIO developer has a companion project called VideoCity that works exactly like lccs rooms so if it's rooms you want that's a possibility too.

I havn't spend much time on FVNC but it could turn out to be a viable flash screen share app because it's suppose to tunnel behind routers, which has always been the limitation to VNC.  There's light at the end of the tunnel.

• 59. Re: LCCS Alternatives
                          EMelville

Is there any new news? Will this be moved to Influxis?

• 60. Re: LCCS Alternatives
                            showphone@comcast.net Community Member

I see someone has followed up on my mention of Influxis.  While I think they would be a good fit for carrying on lccs and they are great guys, I have no inside information that such an occurance is likely to happen.  Of course we all hope someone comes forward to maintain lccs and the sooner the better.

• 61. Re: LCCS Alternatives
                              OttADEPPM techies

I can't comment on who the partner might be at this point.   We are still in active discussions and I'll share more info just as soon as i can.

• 62. Re: LCCS Alternatives

Hi Jeff, good to ear that discussions are going on.

But would you have a timeframe (at least a rough one).

Do you think that in 1 month from now, we should have definitive answer that would be positive or negative?

Thanks.

I know its hard question, but as Adobe fixed the 9 month deadline, time is running up for us.

ps: Thats why Adobe shouldhave engaged those discussions BEFORE announcing a deadline.

I hope they learned about it, but sadly im not so sure.

• 63. Re: LCCS Alternatives
                                  OttADEPPM techies

Hi all,

We are getting very close to a completed deal with a hosting partner to take over the LCCS service.   I had hoped to make an announcement this week as I am going on vacation for the next two weeks, but we are not quite there yet.   I have arranged for an announcement to be sent out once the deal closes. In parallel with the work on the agreement we have been working with this partner to prepare them to take over the service.  The plan is for them to have their service up and running by October 1 to ensure a smooth transition.   We should have more news soon.  Thanks for your continued patience.

Jeff

• 64. Re: LCCS Alternatives
                                    adam+k Community Member

this is good news jeff.  thank you very much for keeping us updated.

• 65. Re: LCCS Alternatives
                                      BARRYC16 Community Member

Thanks Jeff. This is incredibly good news.

• 66. Re: LCCS Alternatives
                                        EMelville Community Member

Awesome News Jeff!!

• 67. Re: LCCS Alternatives

Thanks Jeff,

Very good news.

But when an official announcement will be done, once the deal is complete, it would be important that Adobe officially guaranty that the service will not be shut down on Adobe side, before the new service is fully running on the new side.

And don't forget that a lot of people is waiting to know if the new hosted service will be full featured, especially we need to know if the screen sharing will still be available?

Thanks a lot for your personal hard work to get a decent solution.

Seb

• 68. Re: LCCS Alternatives
                                            parimal432

My two cents here..

http://www.tokbox.com/ has developer api as alternative to LCCS  video conferencing part. Worth taking look at,

• 69. Re: LCCS Alternatives
                                              parimal432 Community Member

http://www.tokbox.com/ is good alternative for video conf solution.. worth checking out

• 70. Re: LCCS Alternatives
                                                mattcom Community Member

Good news Jeff,

As soon as you guys get the chance to disclose some info, I would be very interested in knowing how the future pricing will compare to the paid services that we had with Adobe.  Because otherwise, I might have to continue with the development of an alternative, as I'd rather not hang my hopes on them springing the prices on us in Oct.

Thanks,

Matthew

• 71. Re: LCCS Alternatives
                                                  OttADEPPM techies

Hi Seb,

We will have the new service up and running before the Adobe LCCS service is shutdown.

Yes, the service will be fully featured including the screen sharing capability.

Jeff

• 72. Re: LCCS Alternatives

Hi Jeff,

thanks a lot for your reply. Thats really great news.

The only last remaining question is how the pricing calculation will be affected?

Regards,

Seb

• 73. Re: LCCS Alternatives
                                                      OttADEPPM techies

Hi Seb,

That's not totally clear just yet.   The hosting partner is looking at this now. We do expect that there will be some changes, but are not expecting that they will be radical.   This may not be resolved by the time that we have our formal announcement of the deal, but it won't take until October to get it sorted out either.

Jeff

• 74. Re: LCCS Alternatives
                                                        adam+k Community Member

thanks jeff.  will the recording feature be carried forward as well?

• 75. Re: LCCS Alternatives
                                                          Jamie Ho Adobe Employee

Hi Adam,

Yes, the recording feature will be carried forward and should work the same way.

-Jamie

• 76. Re: LCCS Alternatives
                                                            mattcom Community Member

Hi Jeff,

It's almost October.  Any more word on this?

• 77. Re: LCCS Alternatives
                                                              OttADEPPM techies

Hi Matt,

We are still working through the final details of the agreement.  Yes it's taking longer than I thought too.  The good news is that we have been working in parallel with the partner to get them setup with the LCCS source and they've been building out the application so that we can meet our October goals.

I know I sound like a broken record, but I expect to announce a final agreement soon. 

Thanks for your continued patience.

Jeff

• 78. Re: LCCS Alternatives
                                                                tezqa Community Member

Hi Jeff,

So to be clear, is it a good idea to start developping today a video chat application with LCCS ?

Tezqa

• 79. Re: LCCS Alternatives
                                                                  OttADEPPM techies

Hi Tezqa,

Your application should easily transfer over to the new service hosted by another provider.

So you could develop with LCCS.  We aren't accepting new customers on LCCS,  so as long as you already have an account setup to work with you are ok.

Jeff

• 80. Re: LCCS Alternatives
                                                                    David_Welch Community Member

Jeff:

Any updated timeline on when this will be available?

Thanks,

David

• 81. Re: LCCS Alternatives
                                                                      OttADEPPM techies

Hi David,

We are still working on finalizing the agreement and I expect to make announcement in the next few days.   In the meantime we've been working with this partner to get LCCS setup in their environment.   They should be able to beta testing within a couple of weeks.

Jeff

• 82. Re: LCCS Alternatives
                                                                        OttADEPPM techies

Hi,

Please see my forum post on Influxis and the agreement they have reached with Adobe.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4777545#4777545

Thank you for your patience.

Jeff

• 83. Re: LCCS Alternatives
                                                                          Rex98757 Community Member

Hi All,

I have just readed great info about old LCCS/new ICS: http://ics.influxis.com/index.html

Rex98757

• 84. Re: LCCS Alternatives
                                                                            scharles415 Community Member

Which particular features? I successfully migrated 3 clients to BigBlueButton and I am very happy with it. Send me private message, I may be able to help.

• 85. Re: LCCS Alternatives
                                                                              philswe Community Member

The feature I am most interested in for my company is Remote Control and viewing.  Is that included in the new service?

• 86. Re: LCCS Alternatives
                                                                                JamesInfluxis Community Member

HI philswe,

Our goal is to as seemlessly as possible to transitional all the features offer with LCCS to ICS. Including ScreenSharing, Remote Control, etc to our new influxis service. We working with the LCCS team to make this happen.  I hope this clears things up.

James

• 87. Re: LCCS Alternatives
                                                                                  adam+k Community Member

hey james, can you confirm that recording will also be transitioned to the new service?

great to see influxis doing the takeover, i had hoped it'd be you guys.

• 88. Re: LCCS Alternatives
                                                                                    JamesInfluxis Community Member

Adam,  It actually next our our list of feature testing so we can make sure it is correctly working as documented.

• 89. Re: LCCS Alternatives
                                                                                      adam+k Community Member

that's great news, thanks james.

how soon can i submit a support ticket for this feature?  i realize you must have an overwhelming amount of testing to do right now, but since you're about to test recording, perhaps i can put this on your radar (informally).

it seems that the audio and video streams are recorded separately and played back individually.  during the playback of a recording the video stream starts playback as soon as the stream is buffered, and so does the audio stream.

however, they often reach a ready buffer state at different times.  this has the effect of de-synching the audio and video playback.  hopefully you can create a mechanism that ensures an audio/video stream pair commence playback at the same time to ensure a/v sync.

thanks!

adam

1 2 3 Previous Next