13 Replies Latest reply on Mar 27, 2012 9:05 AM by the_wine_snob

Combine projects?

foxy45

I bought PE10 recently thinking Adobe would have sorted out all earlier problems with crashing and short on system memory issues. How wrong can you be? My projects tend to run to 90 minutes or so and I'm thinking this is what PE10 doesn't like. So, for example, I could split my project into Project A, Project B, Project C, etc. But if I do this how can I burn these projects on to a DVD? Or is this just not possible?

• 1. Re: Combine projects?
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

If you will provide DETAILS about your computer and video files, someone may be able to help with your problems

Starting with the FAQ and TIP articles is always good... on the right, back at the main page

These links are not specifically for PrEl but the information needed is similar

More information needed for someone to help

-http://forums.adobe.com/message/4200840

-http://forums.adobe.com/thread/416679

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Combine projects?
            foxy45 Level 1

Thanks for this John - I'll dig out all the info but this will take some time.

In the meantime, do you know if it's feasible to do say 3 projects in PE10 but combine them on to one DVD?

• 3. Re: Combine projects?
              the_wine_snob Level 9

The crashing and Low System Resource issues are most likely system related. This ARTICLE has a checklist on getting PrE to run best, then has links on tuning up one's computer and OS. Finally, there are links on troubleshooting, and several address Memory/Resource issues. Near the end, there is a link on what info would be so very useful in attacking issues.

Now, to edit incremental Projects, just set up a separate Project for each segment. When done, Export/Share to DV-AVI. Then, create a new "master" Project, Import those DV-AVI's into it, set up the Menu Sets, and navigation, and burn to DVD.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 4. Re: Combine projects?
                foxy45 Level 1

Splitting into incremental parts has certainly improved matters but I;m a bit confused with 'Export/Share to DV-AVI'. In PE10 my options under share would appear to be Disc followed by DVD or AVCHD or 'Computer' where I have the option of MPEG or AVCHD.

I used Computer/MPEG which produced a DVD but the quality was a bit lower than what I'd managed to get before. So, because I wasn't sure what I was supposed to be doing it was all a bit hit and miss.

Could you explain in more detail how I should get my clips into AVI format rather than MPEGS as I'm under the impression this would improve quality?

Many thanks.

• 5. Re: Combine projects?
                  nealeh Level 5

The scroll bar is your friend. If you scroll down in that list the next item below AVCHD is AVI. This is the DV-AVI format Bill was describing.

1.png

Cheers,

--

Neale

Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

• 6. Re: Combine projects?
                    foxy45 Level 1

Oh dear - how embarrassing!

Matron was going to let me go out for a walk today but now she says I have to stay in with my crayons.

Thanks for your help

• 7. Re: Combine projects?
                      nealeh Level 5

We've all been there .

You're not the first, and definitely won't be the last, to miss that scroll bar. Mind you don't get a paper cut with your crayoning (unless you want matron to kiss it better for you).

Cheers,
                      --
                      Neale
                      Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

• 8. Re: Combine projects?
                        the_wine_snob Level 9

Though I use the program often, sometimes I forget the scroll bar, and first thought is, "Dang, some of my Presets have gone missing."

I think that Adobe could make the contrast a bit better, so that they do stand out more.

Glad that you found it.

Happy editing,

Hunt

• 9. Re: Combine projects?
                          foxy45 Level 1

Thanks again Bill - you are a star.

Just to complete my education (at least for today's lesson) what does the Rescan button do?

• 10. Re: Combine projects?
                            the_wine_snob Level 9

Where are you seeing the Rescan button?

Nothing by that name just jumps out at me, but everyone here knows how bad my memory is. If I do not know what it does, I will try to make something up, that sounds good...

Hunt

• 11. Re: Combine projects?
                              the_wine_snob Level 9

I'll bet that you mean "Rescan" in the Burn to Disc Tab. Is that correct?

That function checks the connections to the burners, and also the blank media in at least one of them, ideally the burner, that the user has targeted.

If there is another Rescan, let me know where you are seeing it please.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 12. Re: Combine projects?
                                foxy45 Level 1

Yes Bill, that's correct so you've answered the question.

I've completed all my projects now so I will leave you in peace - at least until I go on holiday again.

Thanks once again.

• 13. Re: Combine projects?
                                  the_wine_snob Level 9

Never hesitate to drop by, question, or not.

Happy editing,

Hunt