• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Finding occurrences" error when editing .mxml file in Flash Builder 4.6 Premium (Trial)

New Here ,
Mar 20, 2012 Mar 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am evaluating Flash Builder 4.6.  Windows 7 Ultimate x64

I am trying to go through the Flex in a week training series but I am getting a lot of the "Finding occurrences" errors when editing the mxml files.

The error:

An internal error occurred during: "Finding occurrences".

java.lang.NullPointerException

This error occurs almost every time an xml tag is edited.

I can dismiss the error window that pops up by hitting 'Enter' and can continue editing the .mxml file but the error keeps repeating.

I was getting this error in the Day 1 set of exercises but after awhile the errors just stopped.

Now that I have imported the Day 2 starter projects, the error has started again but is occurring on almost every keystroke when editing an xml tag/element!.

Anyone have any ideas how to correct this issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2012 Mar 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, I seemed to have found a solution/workaround for the error.

After importing the Day 2 starter projects, I did not exit and restart Flash Builder. After exiting/restarting Flash Builder, I can now edit the .mxml files without the annoying "Finding occurrences" errors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines