3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 21, 2012 4:12 PM by Warunicorn

Seriously lacking export features

Markt109

Could you tell me why you can't select a save for web function as in jpeg, gif or png? If you want this app to be taken seriously using the photoshop and adobe name then it needs the ability to save different file formats used. People want the ability and functionality of photoshop on iPad, which is what this app is trying to do. But it's lacking the main features people expect when creating artwork. At £6.99 it's the usual over inflated adobe pricing. But people are willing to pay that as long as they get the features they've come to expect from the photoshop name. Are these coming in future updates...?

Or is it just a shiny app that can only create jpegs?

• 1. Re: Seriously lacking export features
          Warunicorn Adobe Community Professional

Markt109 wrote:

Could you tell me why you can't select a save for web function as in jpeg, gif or png? If you want this app to be taken seriously using the photoshop and adobe name then it needs the ability to save different file formats used. People want the ability and functionality of photoshop on iPad, which is what this app is trying to do. But it's lacking the main features people expect when creating artwork. At £6.99 it's the usual over inflated adobe pricing. But people are willing to pay that as long as they get the features they've come to expect from the photoshop name. Are these coming in future updates...?

Or is it just a shiny app that can only create jpegs?

?

A PS Touch comp can be uploaded to Creative Cloud as:

PSDX (which only Photoshop can read via a plug-in at this time)

JPEG

PNG

PSD

Saved locally ("Save to Camera Roll"):

JPEG

PNG

Shared by e-mail:

JPEG

PNG

PSD

(Note this is on Android; I'm pretty sure iOS users have the same options though.)

Is your complaint that it's not as intuitive (like simply having a "Save As" dialog)?

• 2. Re: Seriously lacking export features
            isawred2

i am using on android also.  even when importing an already transparent png, i still get a jpg... onbiously w/ no transparency.  Having said that, picsay pro can do what this app can do.  i was looking for transparency, or could have saved $10.

also will NOT connect to cloud.  ever.

• 3. Re: Seriously lacking export features
              Warunicorn Adobe Community Professional

isawred2 wrote:

i am using on android also.  even when importing an already transparent png, i still get a jpg... onbiously w/ no transparency.  Having said that, picsay pro can do what this app can do.  i was looking for transparency, or could have saved $10.

also will NOT connect to cloud.  ever.

I have no such problems importing transparent PNGs; transparency of PNGs is preserved when I import. Creative Cloud wigs out once in a while but all I do is log out and log back in.

You using the latest version of PS Touch? An update was released not too long ago for Android.