4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 21, 2012 11:40 AM by Noel Carboni

Photoshop CX Reactvation problems

condie12

I'm on the phone to Support as I type here.

I'm trying to activate my PhotoshopCX1 on a clean install of Windows 7, which reactivated online immediately.

The support tech tells me Windows 7 is no longer supported!

These are new rules, he says

I demand to speak  to Supervisor

The Tech returns without  him

Eventually I tell him he needs my activation numbers, then he has to give me the code.

And finally he does.

And it works.

Case # 2079 74965 in the hope that anyne from Adobe monitors these posts.

I've been using Photoshop, Mac and Windows, since V3.5

I go throiugh a lot of computers. Reactvation since CX is a nightmare

• 1. Re: Photoshop CX Reactvation problems
          Level 7

Photoshop CS 1 is no longer supported, because the current version is CS 5.

I'm not sure why he'd say Windows 7 isn't supported, unless he got really confused about Windows versions.

• 2. Re: Photoshop CX Reactvation problems
            Noel Carboni Level 8

condie12 wrote:

I go throiugh a lot of computers. Reactvation since CX is a nightmare

Nightmare?  Why?  Are you blowing up computers?

If the machine you're leaving is still functional, do you know that you can DEactivate from one system then activate on another?

-Noel

• 3. Re: Photoshop CX Reactvation problems
              condie12 Level 1

If the machine you're leaving is still functional, do you know that you can DEactivate from one system then activate on another?

That I knew. And that is what I was doing after DEactivating Photoshop on the old machine.

"Nightmare" was too strong a word.

PITA fits better. Adobe is worse than Microsoft!

• 4. Re: Photoshop CX Reactvation problems
                Noel Carboni Level 8

Yeah, well, just keep in mind it's not all the software companys' faults - it's the pirates.  This is the day and age of rampant theft and counterfeit.  People today think nothing of stealing software for their computers.  Perhaps its a failure of the parents or schools or whomever to teach morals, but it's a grim reality.

I've had to put an activation process in my own software.  I am aware that this causes my customers extra trouble, and I'd like to not have to do that at all, but it's unfortunately necessary.

So the best software authors can do is to try to make it work as smoothly and easily as possible, from a technical perspective.

Are you saying you DID deactivate Photoshop CS from your old system, but then it would not activate on your new system?  That would be a serious problem, and frankly Adobe really does need to stay stepped up to the plate and - even if they don't support older versions technically - continue to support the activation process without question or fuss!

-Noel