3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 27, 2012 3:42 AM by SteveGriffiths

Authorising ADE 1.8 Preview

SteveGriffiths

I'm writing an article on how to use ADE with a screen reader, and was using my authorised version of the 1.8 preview to do so. I deauthorised my computer so that I could go through the authorisation process and explain how it works. I couldn't find a way to do this with the preview, so installed the 1.7 version to deauthorise, then I uninstalled both versions and reinstalled the 1.8 preview (to get round having to manually reassign the filetypes to the 1.8 preview). When I went to authorise it with the same account I had previously used, I got an error message saying "you can only authorize this computer with an Adobe ID that hasn't been previously used to authorize any other computer or mobile devices. Please try again."

Is this a roundabout way of telling me I've used up the six(?) authorisations allowed with this ID? Odd, given that 10 minutes before I been using this authorisation on this PC. Or have I knackered things by temporarily installing a second version of ADE on the PC?

Any help or advice appreciated,

Steve