7 Replies Latest reply on Mar 22, 2012 12:35 PM by BobLevine

CS6 upgrade for Design Premium collection

diane747 Level 1

What with the release of the Photoshop CS6 Beta I was wondering when, and if, Adobe plans to release a CS6 upgrade for their Design Premium collection?

I have been using CS5 since it came out.

Thank you,

Diane

• 1. Re: CS6 upgrade for Design Premium collection
          BobLevine MVP & Adobe Community Professional

You'll have to wait for official announcements. None has been made as of yet.

Bob

• 2. Re: CS6 upgrade for Design Premium collection
            John Hawkinson Level 5

We can say a bit more than Bob did, though.

Adobe has previously indicated that all of the creative suite is going to be on a 12-month release cycle.

For the prior release, CS5.5, several products skipped it (Photoshop, Illustrator,  Fireworks, Bridge).

It's hard to imagine any product skipping two consecutive release cycles, especially a full major version cycle (like CS6 but not CS5.5).

Adobe has historically offered upgrade pricing, and I believe there have been public statements about eligibility for CS6 upgrade pricing (including some that were retracted, like an assertion you had to be on CS5.5 prior to Dec. 31, 2011). With that in mind, we can say that it seems pretty clear they plan to offer upgrade pricing.

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: CS6 upgrade for Design Premium collection
              diane747 Level 1

Thank you Bob and John for your replys.

One would think Adobe would offer upgrade pricing to those of us who are running CS5.  Especially if we have been using the Adobe software for years, and years.  I started with Pagemaker 4.0!

The CS5.5 upgrade didn't offer enough for me to spend the money.  But from what I have seen so far with the Photoshop CS6 Beta…especially the enhanced control over formating text…I can only imagine what kind of enhancements they are making to InDesign.  So…count me in!

Diane

• 4. Re: CS6 upgrade for Design Premium collection

There will be upgrade pricing but there will also be the Creative Cloud to consider.

That and Adobe has been known to tweak the suite packages so you really have to wait until it’s announced.

Bob

• 5. Re: CS6 upgrade for Design Premium collection
                  diane747 Level 1

Any idea Bob when Adobe will be announcing the CS6 upgrades?

• 6. Re: CS6 upgrade for Design Premium collection

They’ve announced that it will happen in the 2nd quarter of this year. Take that for whatever you think it’s worth.

Bob

• 7. Re: CS6 upgrade for Design Premium collection
                      diane747 Level 1

Thank you Bob for answering so quickly.  With that knowledge I can best outline my course of action for upgrades to my system in preparation for CS6.  Like upgrading to Lion.  I'm on a Mac Pro Quad Core screamer. 

I am excited about the upgrades and look forward to more information on them.

Having been in the graphic design and print production industry for 40 years (geeesh has it been 'that' long?) I am still totally amazed at the advances in the industry.  And still as excited about it as the first day I sat down to a keyboard punching TTST tape that was fed into a Photomix.

Again, thank you.

Diane