1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 22, 2012 2:23 PM by Steve Grisetti

Video Stabilizer effect not working

flycatchers

I am currently trying out the trial version of Elements 10 prior to purchasing. One of the effects I have been trying to use is the Stabilzer. However when I apply it to a video clip and try to watch it in the preview window or full screen it does not run correctly. The timeline marker is moving and you get the sound but the picture does not playback you just get the first frame showing. If you disable the effect you have to wait till it finishes playing before you can watch the clip correctly. When you first apply this effect it does slightly crop the image but that is the only effect  you can see. I have altered its settings but with no obvious change. Should you be able to see this effect through the preview? My system is Windows 7 64 bit using a core i7 and 8gb of ram with a 1gb AMD HD 6670 graphics card. I close all other programs prior to running Elements.

The clip is a Quicktime movie from my Nikon d5100 dslr.  

thanks

bill

• 1. Re: Video Stabilizer effect not working
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Once you apply an effect like that, you will need to render you timeline by pressing Enter.

It's also very important that your project settings match your source footage. What model of camcorder is your video coming from and what format and resolution is it? When you started your Premiere Elements project, which project settings did you select?