2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 23, 2012 2:12 PM by scdcomp7

Show page is selected using a button color

scdcomp7

Hi,

Is there a way to show that a page has been selected by a button color?

With a web site you can click on a button that is linked to a particular page such as a Home page.  The button for the Home page is either underlined or has a different colro to indicate that you are on that particular page.

I'm trying to incorporate this web site scenario into an InDesign document that will be exported as an interactive pdf.

Any ideas/suggestions that would provide a simple solution?

Please advise.

Paul

• 1. Re: Show page is selected using a button color
          Grant H Level 4

I presume you have a "menu" on a master page that affects all the pages. How many pages are you talking about. You cant set an "active state" like in HTML wich would change the state of a button using the "body ID" tag. But you can set up a master page with alternative styled buttons as objects and overide and delete the non active button oblects on the individual pages... u follow

G

• 2. Re: Show page is selected using a button color
            scdcomp7 Level 1

Hi Grant,

Initially, I had setup the navigation that consisted of a button menu on the master page and then removed it from the master page because I couldn't seem to obtain the desired result I wanted.

I can place the navigation and button menu back on the master page, yet need more clarification and an example on the following:  "...set up a master page with alternative styled buttons as objects and overide and delete the non active button oblects on the individual pages".

I have 5 page InDesign doucment that I want to export as an interactive pdf and I am using InDesign CS5.5.

Would appreciate your help with this.

Paul