1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 23, 2012 7:09 AM by JAXIMFLASH

Binding a component to the stage's stageWidth property in AS3?

JAXIMFLASH Level 1

I would like to ensure that a SkinnablePopUpContainer component is always the size of the stage.

I am able to create the component and set it to the stage's dimensions but if the user resizes the stage (i.e. reorients the mobile device), then the component doesn't change its dimensions.

I tried to bind the stageWidth and stageHeight properties but with no avail. Below if my code. Can someone help?

======================================

var popup:NewUserPopup = new NewUserPopup(); //note: NewUserPopup extends SkinnablePopUpContainer

//attempting to bind the component's dimensions with the stage's

BindingUtils.bindProperty(popup, "width", stage,"stageWidth");

BindingUtils.bindProperty(popup, "height", stage,"stageHeight");

//the component is successfully opened on the application's navigator with the proper dimensions, but the dimensions are static

popup.open(application.navigator, true);

• 1. Re: Binding a component to the stage's stageWidth property in AS3?
          JAXIMFLASH Level 1

I found a workaround. I'm using the pureMVC framework for my app. I assigned the creation of the pop up window within a mediator and I have the mediator listen for a notification that the app/stage has been resized. upon hearing that, the mediator tells the popup to resize.

Though it would still be nice to know how to bind the popup's dimensions to the stage's dimensions so I can let the Flex framework resize the component for me.