CPU Overheating During Export of AVCHD Video

kennywhite1983

I am using:

Premiere Pro CS5

Windows 7 Ultimate

AMD Phenom II 1055T X6 2.8 GHz

12 GB DDR3 1600 MHZ

GeForce GTX460 1GB Video Card

I know I should be using an Intel CPU with AVCHD, but that is a lesson that was learned after building this system.

I am working on a feature film. I have edited each scene separately, exporting each video as a 1080p MPEG2 clip, with a quality setting of 4.

I compiled all of these clips into one project. TRT about 100 minutes.

When I first put the entire film together, without transitions, I was able to export it just fine in the same format that I exported the individual clips. Then I added in all of my desired transitions and minor effects (Dip to Black, Dissolves, Opacity fade-ups/downs, volume fade-ups/downs, etc.). I also added in titles and a number of PSD files. Now when I try to export the video my computer shuts off after a little while. The ONLY time this happens is when I attempt to export the movie. I don't think my problem is with the power supply, I BELIEVE it is the CPU overheating.

Today I tried changing the affinity setting in Task Manager to only allow Premiere to use a single core, instead of all six. About a half an hour into the process the system still shut off.

For my next attempt I was going to try exporting everything in 10-20 minute clips, then compile all of those clips together and export the entire movie, so that I wouldn't be exporting 100 minutes of video that includes a bunch of effects.

Any insight would be GREATLY appreciated!