4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 24, 2012 7:37 PM by dennisbthomas

Pre 10 Menu Markers

dennisbthomas Level 1

Is it possible to have one main that will play the entire timeline from the play icon AND Menus that are each a subset of the Main?  If so could you indicate how the menu markers should be placed, ie. main menu stop  Thanks Dennis

• 1. Re: Pre 10 Menu Markers
          the_wine_snob Level 9

PrE has a limited, and linear, aurhoring structure. That works fine for the majority of Projects, but does not allow more involved navigation.

I use a full-featured authoring application, Adobe Encore, but it is only available with Premiere Pro. Most users, wanting more involved navigation, find that Sony's DVD Architect does a nice job, and it starts at about US $ 39 for download.

Our own Steve Grisetti, has written a very good book on using that program.

Though DVD Architect, like Encore, are bound by the DVD-specs., with a bit of creativity, one can convince the user, that they have broken the rules - they have not, but done well, it can certainly seem like they have.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Pre 10 Menu Markers
            dennisbthomas Level 1

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the quick response.

I do have DVD Architect. At times I find PRE easy to create a DVD from the timeline rather than creating a file then going to DVD Architect.

If I do use DVD Architect, for standard DVD NTSC, how should I create the file from PRE so that I eliminate re-compression?

Many Thanks

Dennis

• 3. Re: Pre 10 Menu Markers
              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

I've created a free tutorial for Premiere Elements support site Muvipix.com on sending video from various programs to DVD Architect. To see it, just go to http://Muvipix.com and type "prepping for disc" in the product search box.

The latter half of the tutorial shows you how to port video from Premiere Elements.

• 4. Re: Pre 10 Menu Markers
                dennisbthomas Level 1

Thanks Steve, very helpful.

Dennis