3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 25, 2012 5:57 PM by jdbsound

Will there be a Camera Raw update For Elements 10 for the new Canon 5D Mark 3?

jdbsound

I have the new Canon 5D.  Love the results but, I can not process the photos in Lightroom 4 or Elements 10.  I downloaded the update for CS5 to see if there was a work around but I don't know my way around the software.  It looks like someone dropped the ball big time on this one.

Joe

• 1. Re: Will there be a Camera Raw update For Elements 10 for the new Canon 5D Mark 3?
          Jeff Schewe Level 5

LR 4 will get updated...not sure about ACR for Elements, but is you download the free DNG Converter 6.7 RC from labs.adobe.com, you can import the 5DMIII image ito LR4 or your current ACR in Elements.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Will there be a Camera Raw update For Elements 10 for the new Canon 5D Mark 3?
            ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

No one dropped any ball.

ACR is updated every 3-4 months with any new cameras that have been out long enough for Adobe to profile and add to the new ACR. 

The current version of PSE gets the new updated ACR whenever it is released.  ACR 6.7 should be the next version that comes out, and presumably it’ll have the 5D.3 in it.

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Will there be a Camera Raw update For Elements 10 for the new Canon 5D Mark 3?
              jdbsound Level 1

Ok, so what is so different in the Camera Raw for CS5/CS6 Beta vs Elements?  You would think that they would be both the same!  There are a lot of professionals like myself bought their Canon 5D Mk 3 thinking that the software would be there to support the camera release.  Sure, I am also wondering why Canon hasn't done an update with the release.   This feels like buying a car and some day in the future - we don't know when there will be road that you can drive it on.

Tried to convert the Mk 3 DNG files. Didn't work.  Get a purple or pink cover over the images.  It works great with my 7D files.

If I had a Camera to fall back on I wouldn't be so desperate but my Canon 7D (Which I have enjoyed for the last two years) was destroyed in a accident the day before the Canon 5D mark 3 was anounced.  So, I am starting from scratch and I need access to my Raw files to get my work done.  Working with Canon Software is not what I would use in a productive work flow.  If this was a hobby - OK but for production work, I need the right tools and right now, LR 4 which is the back bone of my work is useless.