1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 25, 2012 10:09 AM by Frustrated in AZ

Adobe activation request error:2004. This Adobe ID has been authorized too many times.

PeggyLP

I have an iPad 2. I have to use Overdrive in order to get books from the local library. Unfortunately, it is flaky and freezes at the end of some chapters. The only fix I have found is to delete it, reinstall and redownload my books. Today, I got this message. I am very frustrated by this product. What do I have to do now?

• 1. Re: Adobe activation request error:2004. This Adobe ID has been authorized too many times.
          Frustrated in AZ Level 4

This particular problem has been discussed a lot in the Forum lately.  From

what I've read, it appears to be an Overdrive problem that forces Adobe

Digital Editions to be re-authorized over and over.  It also appears that

Overdrive doesn't think this is a problem....  Talk to your library's

technical support group and let them know that the software they're using

doesn't work properly.  At least you can have the satisfaction of having

told (off) someone that should care!

You need to contact Adobe's help website and get them to reset your

activation counter.  They may resist - not all of the help techs understand

that this is their job - they tend to tell you that you have to pay a fee

to get help with your FREE program.  Be persistent if they resist!

Then, I'd suggest trying another way to get the ebooks onto your iPad.  If

your computer has Digital Editions installed, download the ebooks from the

library to it, and then use iTunes to transfer them to your iPad.  That's

worked for others....

Hope this helps!

=============