3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 25, 2012 8:39 AM by Mylenium

AE only recognize some of the Chinese Characters ...

robinkbh

Hi there,

I am typing some Chinese Characters into AE.

The Chinese Text is in saved in .doc format using TextEdit that comes with the Mac.

So, I just copy and paste the Chinese text into AE.

The problem is AE only recognize some of the Chinese Characters. How do I make AE recognize all the Chinese characters ?

Thank you.

Cheers

• 1. Re: AE only recognize some of the Chinese Characters ...
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

It's not possible. AE does not support glyph substitution for stylistic alternates to represent characters that are a combination of other characters. You will have to convert the text to a graphic (PDF or pixel image).

Mylenium

2 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: AE only recognize some of the Chinese Characters ...
            robinkbh Level 1

Mylenium wrote:

It's not possible. AE does not support glyph substitution for stylistic alternates to represent characters that are a combination of other characters. You will have to convert the text to a graphic (PDF or pixel image).

Mylenium

Thanks Mylenium,

But I was thinking if Microsoft Word in my Mac can recognize the characters, why can't AE recognize it too ?

It is a matter of installing the correct fonts into AE ?

Thanks

• 3. Re: AE only recognize some of the Chinese Characters ...
              Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

No, nothing you can do. AE simply ignores these Unicode features, the reasoning behind it that they would not work if the text layers use text animators. This is a point of much lamentation and aggravation to many AE users, but so far it hasn't been changed in any way. For the time being, converting everything to graphics realyl is the only way unfortunately.

Mylenium

1 person found this helpful