3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 16, 2008 7:21 AM by Newsgroup_User

HTML Links not working

awectavrtn
      I suddenly find that HTML links within my Director projects aren't working, neither those made with the "Go to URL" behavior or from Lingo script using "gotoNetPage". What's more, old Director movies that did successfully open a browser window and load a site in the past no longer work, even though they haven't been changed. I've tried several computers with the same result. This smells of some kind of security implementation preventing Director from accessing the web but I 'd like to know if anyone else has experienced it.
        • 1. Re: HTML Links not working
          Level 7
          Which version are you publishing to/from?
          Are you creating a projector or publishing to Shockwave?
          Which platform/s have you tested on?
          • 2. Re: HTML Links not working
            awectavrtn Level 1
            Just narrowed down the problem: The failure to open links in a browser only happens when the default browser is *not* Internet Explorer. I have all my computers set to default to Firefox - when I temporarily switched back to IE as the default browser Director works as usual.

I'd still like to know if this problem can be rectified because I'm *not* switching to IE as my default browser and, more to the point, can't expect my end users to do so.

Running Director 10 (MX 2004) on Win XP.

Anyone else experienced this?
            • 3. Re: HTML Links not working
              Level 7
              awectavrtn wrote:
              > I'd still like to know if this problem can be rectified because I'm
              > *not* switching to IE as my default browser and, more to the point,
              > can't expect my end users to do so.

You could try the free OpenURL xtra from www.mods.com.au

Andrew