3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 26, 2012 6:24 AM by Steve Grisetti

Premiere Elements settings

ninush

I am a new user of Premiere (always worked on final cut). I installed elements on a brand new 64 bit windows 7, 8 GB RAM, i7 processor machine and am having a lot of trouble.

when playing clips form my timeline in the monitor  (7 minutes or so) the video is extremely (!!!!!) blurry. When I change the playback quality to highest it is much less blurry but I can only hear the audio but the video barely moves. few second clips work pretty smooth.

* Can anyone point out what settings should I be looking for?

* is Element (vs. Pro) not meant for clips longer than a few seconds.

* On another machine which is 32 bit with 3 GB RAM it works OK just is very slow when rendering.

* Any other ideas, I am pretty desperate.

All the best

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements settings
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

What model of camcorder is your video coming from and what format and resolution is it?

When you started your Premiere Elements project, which project settings did you select? If you selected the right project settings for your video, there will be NO red lines above your clips when you add them to your timeline. Is that the case in your project?

• 2. Re: Premiere Elements settings
            ninush Level 1

Thanks for your reply. The model of the camcorder is a Panasonic HDC-TM900.

I was using the highest resolution 1080 X 60, HD.

I am actually not sure about the project settings would you be able to tell me what the right settings will be, that will be help?

I did not have red lines on my clips.

Thanks again!

• 3. Re: Premiere Elements settings
              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Parts 1 and 2 of my free 8 part Basic Training tutorials shows you how to properly set up a project and get media into it.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/537685?tstart=0

Also note that some Panasonics shoot in 60p, a format that is not supported in Premiere Elements and will cause all sorts of problems.

If you plan to edit your video in Premiere Elements, you must shoot in 1920x1080i.