11 Replies Latest reply on Mar 26, 2012 12:19 PM by samdk12

Bitrate

samdk12 Level 1

Hi,

Thanks for all of your help till now Im actually ready to make a dvd master what bit rate should I render it to also any tips how I can maintain the highest resolution and smoothness

I have  12gb ram

Thanks

Sam

• 1. Re: Bitrate
          SAFEHARBOR11 Most Valuable Participant

Hi Sam,

The bitrate you choose will depend a lot on the LENGTH of the video. Also, what format is your editing sequence?

Please let us know the source and finished length, then we can offer more tips

Thanks

Jeff Pulera

Safe Harbor Computers

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Bitrate
            samdk12 Level 1

Thanks for the quick reply

It is 32 min in length and has a lot of sports action

Thanks

• 3. Re: Bitrate
              samdk12 Level 1

forgot one thing

I am rendering it for a DVD

• 4. Re: Bitrate
                samdk12 Level 1

also I cant seem to correct the the error of title remote what ami doing wrong the video is one long sequence without chapters

I tried dragging the pickwick nothing happened

• 5. Re: Bitrate

Hi Sam,

You did mention in the original post you were making a DVD. As far as tips, it DOES make a difference if you a starting out with SD or HD content, progressive or interlaced, so again, what is the source material and sequence setting used for editing?

Are you using Adobe Media Encoder out of Premiere to create your assets, or Dynamic Linking to Encore?

For a short program like that, you can use CBR (Constant Bit Rate) encoding at 7 or 8 setting and have plenty of space left over on the DVD at maximum quality setting.

If making an auto-play DVD with no menus, I think it will always show an error but I burn anyway and they play fine.

Jeff

• 6. Re: Bitrate
                    samdk12 Level 1

SD and I did it through encor from premiere

• 7. Re: Bitrate
                      samdk12 Level 1

is there any downside if I go with a higher bitrate

• 8. Re: Bitrate

I prefer to export from Premiere using AME then I have complete control over the process. This results in an .m2v video file and .wav audio file and in Encore, I just use Import as Timeline, and this will also import any chapter markers you had in Premiere.

I know you can go into Encore and modify the transcode settings, but I don't fully trust that because on my last DVD, I did manually change the Dolby audio setting from default 192 to 224, yet it continued to transcode the audio as 192! With AME, I know it will create what I tell it to.

Jeff Pulera

Safe Harbor Computers

• 9. Re: Bitrate
                          the_wine_snob Level 9

Sam,

In Encore, go to the Disc Tab, and there you can set the Title Remote in the Properties Panel.

As Jeff points out, that is more of an "informational" message, rather than a true "error" message. Depending on what behavior I want/need, I will either ignore that, or just change Title Remote to "Stop." Doing a series of DVD-Videos, that will play on an event's Diamondtron screen, and one that will loop on a nearby TV via set-top player. Neither will have any user interaction with a remote, so I just ignored the message, and those DVD's work, just as I need them to. However, most of my Projects are going to clients, where the Title Remote could well come into play, and in most cases, I will point the Title Remote to my main Menu.

As for the Bit-Rate, you can chose a combined (both the Audio & Video Streams) Bit-Rate up to the allowable DVD-spec. Some recommend backing off the Max, to cover any spikes, but others push the Bit-Rate up to the Max, and do not encounter issues with clients' playability. Personally, I back off just a bit.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 10. Re: Bitrate
                            Jim_Simon Level 8

To keep things simple, here's what I recommend.

DVD Simplified.png

• 11. Re: Bitrate
                              samdk12 Level 1

Thanks for all your help