• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player still not working

New Here ,
Mar 26, 2012 Mar 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Windows 7 (32-bit) Vista Home Premium, IE 9, Flash Player 11.1.102.63.

I have tried everything I've read in the forum and the suggestions I received from my previous post on March 23.  I've installed and uninstalled Flash Player update about 25 times, turned off my Firewalls, checked to make sure Active X Filtering isn't checked, made sure Shock Wave Player was enabled in Manage Add-ons, updated my Java Files, updated my Driver, did a Clean Install and videos still will not play on any website.  All I get is either a blank white screen or a black screen that says loading but nothing happens.  If I right click it says "movie not loaded".  If I go to the "About Flash Player" page, where its supposed to show the version of Flash Player installed or show an error message, there is nothing.  If I go to the Flash Player help page, it doesn't show Flash Player installed, it shows nothing.  How can this be if, after installing Flash Player, it says download was successful.  I'm ready to pull my hair out at this point. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Internet Options | Advanced tab, checkmark "Use software rendering instead of GPU rendering". There's an image of the configuration on this site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish I could say that my problem was solved; however, that didn't work either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you post a link where you get this "movie not loaded" message?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I was was trying to figure out how post a link, I was downloading a copy of the page and saved it.   When I clicked on open I got this message:  "Internet Explorer restricted this web page from running Scripts or Active X Controls" and there was a a box to click on which said "Allow Blocked Content".  I never got this message before.  Does this help in solving this mystery.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 27, 2012 Mar 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most movies are streamed these days, so when you downloaded the page to your own machine, you terminated the streaming link.

To post a link, right click the URL (the web address) and choose "Copy" from the menu. Then come here, right click anywhere in the blank message box and choose "Paste".

If you want to download a movie to your own machine, then you'll need to install Firefox together with an add-on which can be used to download the file. You can download Firefox from here: http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/fx/

After you install it, go to this page in the Add-on site and click the link which says "Add to Firefox": https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/download-youtube/?src=userprofile

After Firefox restarts, you can go to any site which streams Flash video and still download it to your own machine. For example, in the screenshot, you see a video on Youtube. If you click the button called "Download" shown by the red arrow, you can download the video to your own machine. The "Download" button is added to Firefox by the Add-on.

Internet Explorer doesn't permit add-ons of this nature to be installed and therefore, you cannot download a movie which is being streamed to your own machine like you can with Firefox.

sisters.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is in response to Xircal's response about installing firefox.  Am I supposed to make this my default browser instead of IE 9.  If so, will this screw up my ISP which was installed using IE?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Cyn2u wrote:

This is in response to Xircal's response about installing firefox.  Am I supposed to make this my default browser instead of IE 9.  If so, will this screw up my ISP which was installed using IE?

It shouldn't make any difference. But you don't have to make Firefox the default browser. You can use it to test whether you can play Flash videos with it or not. Simply launch it from the desktop icon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines