2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 27, 2012 8:48 AM by eharb

After rotobrush, how to make background picture appear in the video when exporting it to PremierePro

eharb

I seem to have problems saving/using it with premiere pro. it's a 10 second video of myself with 3 pics: 2 that I put in front of the video and one as a background. In after effects, in the bottom left corner box, the 2 pics are above the video file and the background picture is below it. Still in after effects, the background pic is there behind me and the 2 other pictures are in front of my video which is where everything should be, great. When i save it, then export it to premiere pro, the 2 pics in front are there but not the background pic, the background is just my full video as if I didn't rotobrush it.  Help??

Also, how can i export the project as a file in Avi, mpeg, mp4...?

Thanks in advance

• 1. Re: After rotobrush, how to make background picture appear in the video when exporting it to PremierePro
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Well, things to do (in order of priority):

1. Read Getting started with After Effects (CS4, CS5, & CS5.5)
          2. Read AE help
          3. Read Premiere Pro help
          4. Read up on CoDecs and support for transparency/ Alpha
          5. Explain yourself using better terminology and screenshots

Sorry to say so, none of what you are saying makes any sense and if at all, it shows that you lack an understanding of some basics. I read your post 3 times and I still don't know whether you actually rendered anything (including the Alpha/ transparency) in order to import it in Premiere, used Dynamic Link or you simply assumed exporting the AE project to a Premiere Pro project would do magic...

Mylenium

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: After rotobrush, how to make background picture appear in the video when exporting it to PremierePro
            eharb Level 1

Hello Mylenium, i do apologize about my ambiguous question. I'm starting to learn how to use it and in some way, i didn't even know what i was talking about myself. But thanks to your help, i now got it.

"When you export an After Effects project as an Adobe Premiere Pro project, Adobe Premiere Pro uses the settings from the first composition in the After Effects project for all subsequent sequences. Keyframes, effects, and other properties are converted in the same way as when you paste an After Effects layer into an Adobe Premiere Pro sequence."

so as it says above, it only uses the initial video. What i did was only render using the rotobrush and i didn't "render queue" the whole project afterwards simply because i didn't know i had to do that. I thought rendering it from rotobrushing it and adding the background effects would be enough.

Again, thank you. and i also learned how to save it in different format, since AVI outputs a huge file size.