3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 27, 2012 1:48 PM by kglad RSS

Actionscript 2 for flash button components

Design4u1 Community Member

Hi,

Feel really dumb here but I recently purchased a mac computer (used) that had Flash professional cs3 installed and so I thought I would give it a go seeing as I have been using Director for sometime.  I seem to be having quite the struggle scripting the buttons in my project. here is what I have and what I would like to accomplish. It is rather simple:

I have a movie that is 30 frames long.

I have 6 buttons on the first frame that will take the viewer to 6 different frames in the movie.

The buttons were pulled from the components window. 

Here is what I want to do:

I want to click on button 1 throughout the movie and have it take me to frame 5

I want to click on button 2 throughout the movie and have it take me to frame 10

I want to click on button 3 throughout the movie and have it take me to frame 15

I want to click on button 4 throughout the movie and have it take me to frame 20

I want to click on button 5 throughout the movie and have it take me to frame 25

I want to click on button 6 throughout the movie and have it take me to frame 1 (main menu)

Seems simple enough, but when I drag the button from the components window onto the stage, I dont know where to get the script from? When I go to the library and insert the GoToandStop script, it doesnt work.

Lingo is different then actionscripting and so I dont understand it.

Can someone offer some insight/advise with the scripting of the component buttons?

Thanks