8 Replies Latest reply on Mar 29, 2012 4:07 AM by SahneQuadro

CUDA leaving artifacts in rendered Video, OpenGL doesnt work in PS

SahneQuadro

Hi All,

I've got the trial version of Premiere running and i loved it. Had it working for a few days with CUDA and enjoying quick render times and easy editing.

Then all of a sudden I start getting these errors where artifacts are left within frames. See attached.

This also started happening in Photoshop but stopped when I turned off OpenGL or turned it to OpenCL? I can't recall.

My video card driver is completely up to date, along with everything else on my system. I wonder if I have to update OpenGL somehow?

No major changes occurred, potentially a few updates to the system, etc. but I'm still unsure.

I've also done PCMark 7 to test, got an OK score but burn in seemed fine on the car itself. This is a new computer system I recently built.

Any help would be apprecated. . .

System: Win 7

16gb Ram

Quadro 4000 with current drivers

2600k i7

errors_b.jpg

error_c.jpg

• 1. Re: CUDA leaving artifacts in rendered Video, OpenGL doesnt work in PS
          Jeff Bellune Level 5

Please don't cross-post in forums.  I deleted your other topic.

Have you tried disabling Hardware MPE?  Are your card and system temperatures within acceptable limits?

-Jeff

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: CUDA leaving artifacts in rendered Video, OpenGL doesnt work in PS
            SahneQuadro Level 1

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for the reply. Also, I apologize for double posting, but I wasn't sure if it should just be in premiere or CS forum.

I have not tried disabling hardware MPE (not even sure what that is, so thank you!). I did run PC Mark 7 and everythign appeared to stay within acceptable limits. No red flags there. Under the most extreme circumstances, my card was running at 60 or 70* C. I can also submit these benchmark scores for review if that is helpful.

Again, thank you for your help. I've been racking my brain with this problem. I used to edit on FCP, but then when FCPX happened, I had to switch. That software is just gross.

Any additional suggestions or insight would be greatly appreciated!

Enjoy

shane

• 3. Re: CUDA leaving artifacts in rendered Video, OpenGL doesnt work in PS
              SahneQuadro Level 1

Hi jeff,

Now I know what MPE is. Yes, when I disable MPE, I can render without artifacts, and playback within Premiere doesn't have those artifacts as shown in the renders above.

So yes, when MPE is disabled, all appears fine. Which is what makes this even more confusing. Up to date drivers, up to date software, yet I'm still having these artifacts left in my rendered videos, and even just in playback within Premiere.

Thanks again jeff, you rock. Hopefully this can be resolved at some point soon. I'm pretty damn stumped.

Enjoy,

shane

• 4. Re: CUDA leaving artifacts in rendered Video, OpenGL doesnt work in PS
                Jeff Bellune Level 5

I apologize for double posting, but I wasn't sure if it should just be in premiere or CS forum.

No problem.  If you put it in the wrong place, one of the moderators will usually move it to the right place.  In this case, either forum probably would have been OK, just not both.  I left this topic intact since you seem to have isolated the problem to something in your hardware/driver set up.  But it may turn out to be a more general issue -- only time will tell.

-Jeff

• 5. Re: CUDA leaving artifacts in rendered Video, OpenGL doesnt work in PS
                  lasvideo Level 4

Which current drivers are you running specifically. I am having no problems on Lion with these (yes I realize you are on a PC).

Screen Shot 2012-03-28 at 10.56.52 AM.png

• 6. Re: CUDA leaving artifacts in rendered Video, OpenGL doesnt work in PS
                    SahneQuadro Level 1

Thank you both for the support, I greatly appreciate it! Adobe hasn't been super helpful sadly.

Any suggestions on trying to decipher the driver/hardware issue? I haven't used PC in quite some time, but made the switch after using premiere and davinci on an amazing machine with cuda.

I ran the PCMark 7 and nothing seemed out of the ordinary, she ran about 60-70* C I believe. I can post that information if necessary.

These are my current quadro and CUDA driver for Win 7

CUDADriver.jpg

and

quadro_driver.jpg

If there are some 'usual' troubleshooting steps I shoudl take, please do let me know. Or if you can point me in the right direction of what to research I don't mind doing the leg work. I just want to get this working again. . . Unstable machines are just terrible!

Thanks again all!

• 7. Re: CUDA leaving artifacts in rendered Video, OpenGL doesnt work in PS
                      SahneQuadro Level 1

I'm also getting these types of artifacts in PS. Now, I have OpenGL turned off in preferences in PS, and this still happens. She also behaves in an unstable manner, takes a while to close, sometimes locks up and freezes.

In Premiere, the artifacts only show up now when I hit pause. While the videos are playing, the artifacts go away. I haven't tried rendering a sequence out yet to see if the artifacts are present.

Again, any help is appreciated. I'm unsure of where to go next with this as I feel like it's probably a hardware issue, but have no way to tell besides my PCMark 7 benchmark.

Thanks again All!

Enjoy

erorr_d.jpg

erorr_e.jpg

adobe gods, help!

• 8. Re: CUDA leaving artifacts in rendered Video, OpenGL doesnt work in PS
                        SahneQuadro Level 1

Photoshop seems to let me open multiple windows again, thankfully. but freezes when I try to close any of the tabs.

just stops responding entirely. is this just a software issue? should I just do a clean install using the adobe cleaner tools? I have 23days left on trial version so I don't know how that will effect it. . .

again, all help greatly appreciated! it would be great if adobe could chime in!

enjoy

shane