1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 2, 2012 4:12 PM by jacograaff

<mx:HTML and pop-up window

jacograaff Level 1

I want to embed a SugarCRM web-app in an Air desktop app

The problem is that SugarCRM makes extensive use of pop-up windows - (new instances of the window object of the browser and not just DIV- fake windows) - for things like selecting images for upload or linking to items in other modules etc...

This works in browsers but not in AIR -

Is this a known limitation of the webkit implementation in AIR ??? - in other words an new air-window is not able to be opened the same way a browser (ie, opera, firefox...) window is opened

• 1. Re: <mx:HTML and pop-up window
          jacograaff Level 1

I have not solved this yet - was busy with other stuff - I'll have to try and see if I can hack into the code of SugarCRM and change the behaviour that opens browser window pop-ups to floating panels using ajax....

I am embedding SugarCRM in a desktop AIR application using mx:HTML.

SugarCRM makes heavy use of browser-window popups to allow the selection of fields in other modules!

popup-screengrab.png

It seems like the webkit rendering in AIR via the mx:HTML component can't handle browser-window pop-ups - It makes sense since AIR is not a regular web-browser app - so the code will not find a window object to open