12 Replies Latest reply on Apr 4, 2012 8:48 AM by hahnfunnyfarm

adding more then 1 song to a slideshow

hahnfunnyfarm

Hi I made a slide show in Adobe Premiere Elements I want to have about 8 songs in slideshow is this possiable?

I know how to do 1 song

Thanks Debbie

• 1. Re: adding more then 1 song to a slideshow
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Debbie,

Welcome to the forum.

Yes, you can add multiple Audio Clips in the Timeline.

If you created the SlideShow in, say Photoshop Elements Organizer, you will want to use Send to Premiere, and then choose Break Apart in PrE.

Use Get Media to Import your additional Audio Clips, and then drag them to an empty Audio Track, aligning them, as needed.

Note: Some MP3's cause problems, so if you have any issues with them, converting them to PCM/WAV @ 48KHz 16-bit, will take care of that.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: adding more then 1 song to a slideshow
            hahnfunnyfarm Level 1

thanks Bill I will try that

• 3. Re: adding more then 1 song to a slideshow
              hahnfunnyfarm Level 1

Hi Bill the slideshow is already in Premiere Elements 10 where do I find Break Apart in Pre?

• 4. Re: adding more then 1 song to a slideshow
                the_wine_snob Level 9

Debbie,

Was the SlideShow created in PrE, or in the PSE Organizer, and then sent to PrE?

If you created the SlideShow in PrE, there will be no Break Apart. Break Apart is ONLY available, if one sent the PSE Organizer SlideShow to PrE. It will also not be available, if one instead, Exports the PSE Organizer SlideShow as a WMV, to be Imported into PrE - only with Send to PrE.

In PrE, there are an unlimited number of Audio Tracks (well, IIRC, there IS a limit = 99, but that is enough for any Project), and you can drag Audio Clips, after they are Imported into PrE, to the one that you want to use.

There are two Fixed Audio Tracks, Narration, and Soundtrack, and in some Projects, in some versions of PrE, those have caused problems, Most users have found that if they did not use those two, but an empty, regular Audio Track, things were then perfect.

I may have been larobing under incorrect assumptions. Please let us know exactly how the SlideShow was created.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 5. Re: adding more then 1 song to a slideshow
                  hahnfunnyfarm Level 1

I think I made in Premiere Elements 10

then organize

then have all pictures here then hit create slideshow then created slideshow with those pictures

when you say PrE or PSE what do these mean?

thanks

• 6. Re: adding more then 1 song to a slideshow
                    nealeh Level 5

PRE refers to Premiere Elements, the video processing product.

PSE refers to Photoshop Elements the image processing product.

Cheers,

--

Neale

Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

• 7. Re: adding more then 1 song to a slideshow
                      hahnfunnyfarm Level 1

How can i tell if it is in photoshop or premiere as when i open either and hit organize it shows in both

• 8. Re: adding more then 1 song to a slideshow
                        the_wine_snob Level 9

Debbie,

Sorry for the confusing acronyms. Thanks to Neale for covering me on that.

As I do not use the Organizer's Make SlideShow function, I am not the best person to ask, but I would think that you did create it in Organizer. If one has the same versions of both Premiere Elements (PrE), and Photoshop Elements (PSE), and the SlideShow was created in Organizer (a feature-rich cataloging and organizing program, that can work between both programs), then you should have two options - Export to WMV, as an Audio-Video file, or Send to Premiere Elements, which will then create a PREL (the file extension for a Premiere Elements Project), and Open that in PrE. There, in the Timeline View (do not know if it appears in the Sceneline View Mode?), you should have a button, "Break Apart." That deconstructs the SlideShow, revealing all of its elements in the Timeline. Along with those elements, probably on one Video Track and one Audio Track, you will have a few empty Video and Audio Tracks. To add other Audio, whether its music, narration or SFX (Sound Effects), just Import that/those file(s), into the Project, and click+drag from the Project Panel, to one of those empty Tracks.

Note: some users have experienced issues with Audio Clips on either the Narration, or Soundtrack, Fixed Audio Tracks. This has been in earlier versions, and also seems to have occurred in only certain Projects. The "fix" for those users has been to just use one of the regular Audio Tracks. Do not know if PrE 10 has fixed that issue, or if no one has reported issues? Out of habit, and with the thought of others' issues in mind, I just always use a regular Audio Track.

Good luck, and if I omitted a step, for going between Organizer and PrE, or mis-stated something, I feel that someone will correct me.

Hunt

• 9. Re: adding more then 1 song to a slideshow
                          hahnfunnyfarm Level 1

Sorry for being such a pain still not making sense. After downloading some stuff it finally let me output my slide show from PSE 10  to PRE 10 but it will only show coverpage. What am I doing wrong? Is there any you tubes I can watch? On the part in PRE 10 I see timeline and sceneline but no Break Apart.

Thanks again

Debbie 

• 10. Re: adding more then 1 song to a slideshow
                            the_wine_snob Level 9

Unfortunately, I do not have PSElements, and do not first do SlideShows in Organizer, so I am only going by what others, who use that workflow, have posted. I believe that Break Apart is only in Timeline View Mode, but cannot tell you where to look, to find it. Others will be able to verify where it appears, and in which View Modes, it will appear. Note: it will NOT appear, if one Exports/Shares from Organizer to a WMV Video file, for Import into PrE. It will ONLY be available, if one ports the SlideShow directly to PrE.

Good luck, and wish that I could help more.

Hunt

PS - I will grab Steve Grisetti's book on both PrE and PSE, and see where he locates it.

• 11. Re: adding more then 1 song to a slideshow
                              the_wine_snob Level 9

Ah, looks like I was incorrect. It is the Sceneline View Mode, that allows one to "break apart" an Organizer SlideShow, into the individual components. See this PAGE from the Help File. Scroll down to Edit a SlideShow created in Photoshop Elements (Windows Only).

Sorry about that. Still looking for my copy of Steve's book on both programs. I have found his PrE 7 (only) book, but not the combo edition.

Good luck,

Hunt